FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

click on the generator and you'll see a little box in the upper-right hand corner that says FX. double-click that and assign it to a mixer channel. then on that corresponding mixer channel just lay down any effects you want and a winner is you.

keep in mind that you can assign more than one generator to a mixer channel, too.

cheers

dj inflict, effects are not generators :P
click on the generator and you'll see a little box in the upper-right hand corner that says FX. double-click that and assign it to a mixer channel. then on that corresponding mixer channel just lay down any effects you want and a winner is you.

am i rite or wut

Ok, so I am about to purchase both a KORG WAVESTATION SR and ROLAND JV-880 synth modules and I quite like the sounds I am getting from them. Is there anyway I can hook them up to Fruity Loops through MIDI like soundfonts (in that I can use several instruments from the module at a time, it seems to me that I would only be able to use the instrument that was currently selected) or somehow get them onto my computer? I don't know much about this kind of work, but I would really like to get them working on my piano roll, I really like the instruments on it. Thanks!

Well, if you want both the Korg and the Roland to work at the same time, I'd recommend a mixer. Just a small one, like that one Behringer for $40. 4 channels, real simple-like.

Midi/audio latency is the delay time between action and reaction. For example, if you have 20ms of latency [which is surprisingly unnoticable], the time between hitting a note on your keyboard and hearing it through your speakers is 20 milliseconds.

Recording waveforms in FL has been explained before. It's kind of a bitch, but made easier by the fact that your keyboards can be midi controlled.

Hello there!

I'd like to know if there's any way I can directly feed the sound coming into my computer to the FL Mixer/FX Processor?

I have 3 synthesizers, which are somewhat limited in effects. The plug-ins I have with FL are much better. However, I need to know if the final "mix" will sound good before I record synth sequences... and with all the FX plug-ins I might use, the possibilities are endless. So I'm wondering if I can just feed the sound directly to a mixer track (with activated effects), thus immediatly having an idea of the sound I'm going to have in the end.

If that's not directly possible or implemented, is there a generator plug-in that can achieve that by directly taking the microphone input and giving it to FL?

Thank you for your help guys!

FL 6 issue…

I just recently acquired FL 6 and it’s great, but placing a track in Paino Roll and Playlist is way too sensitive.

Is there any way to just start a track at the beginning of a measure without spending 20 min making sure it’s perfectly lined up?

Help me, fellow music men (and women) You’re my only hope…

-Bad Date

FL 6 issue…

I just recently acquired FL 6 and it’s great, but placing a track in Paino Roll and Playlist is way too sensitive.

Is there any way to just start a track at the beginning of a measure without spending 20 min making sure it’s perfectly lined up?

Help me, fellow music men (and women) You’re my only hope…

-Bad Date

effects0zr.jpg

As we look above the red circle in this picture, we see the little word 'snap' followed by a selection with the word 'line' in it.

You probably have none. Change it to line.

Okay, so a question not about FLStudio, but the samples that come with it. yes, I know they're all overused, and that almsot anyone can identify them in no time at all. But does anyone know if said samples are free for use? i.e. if I put together a little musical group and made a CD, could we sell the CD?

(sorry, best place I could find to put the question)

I asked a few pages back about a problem I was having with FL. Everything was coming out distorted when I put 4 or 5 instruments together. I mentioned that I had only 256 mb RAM at the time, and somebody said that that wasn't enough. Now I have my laptop, and I have 1 gb of RAM and the same problem... everything distorted.

If you want, I can host the file...

_glitch_