FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

so, i've been having a timing issue wuth FL6. i've totally sync'd up my saxophone in audacity with a wave of the project i'm working on, and everything sounds great. so i load the sax part into FL6 to do the mastering, get it so it starts at the right time, and almost immediately it's obvious that the sax is a few beats per minute behind the original file. why is this, and what can I do to get it back in time?

Make sure there's no time stretching occuring in the FL sampler (set all the knobs to "Reset" or "None"). Otherwise there should be no reason that would happen.

done. it's still winding up being a little shorter. would you suggest trying to timestretch it to the right time? like i said, it's saxophone parts...would that mess up the vibrato i've used?

Ehh, a few questions actually (Kinda sucks that the threads don't work, but then again this topic is 4 years old)

:E

How do you go about automating an entire channel so that there can be deviations in the pattern for dynamics without having to create a new pattern?

Also, does anyone know of any good recently made tutorials (other than Zircon's wonderful series) on mastering in FL and how to make digital synthesis sound good?

Edit: I forgot my most important question :E.

How the heck do you get the piano roll to work with a keyboard controller?

Ehh, a few questions actually (Kinda sucks that the threads don't work, but then again this topic is 4 years old)

:E

How do you go about automating an entire channel so that there can be deviations in the pattern for dynamics without having to create a new pattern?

Also, does anyone know of any good recently made tutorials (other than Zircon's wonderful series) on mastering in FL and how to make digital synthesis sound good?

Edit: I forgot my most important question :E.

How the heck do you get the piano roll to work with a keyboard controller?

you know, if you had wasted the three seconds that it takes to view the PREVIOUS PAGE, you might have seen the info on that.

search the damn thread.

Eh, Prophet, go easy on the guy. There's an awful lot of the thread to search. Besides, I think this is more of a place just to post your questions just so they don't clutter up the rest of the ReMixing forum, rather than a "all the answers are in here, somewhere" thread. I think things would be rather inconvenient if it were the latter. ;)

Eh, Prophet, go easy on the guy. There's an awful lot of the thread to search. Besides, I think this is more of a place just to post your questions just so they don't clutter up the rest of the ReMixing forum, rather than a "all the answers are in here, somewhere" thread. I think things would be rather inconvenient if it were the latter. ;)

i know. i'm just being pissy. don't mind me =)

i was going to go through and archive all the answers at some point, back when the thread was only a hundred pages. that flopped REAL fast. too much stuff in here.

I'm not seeing it, I have done that... Thats how I recorded to the step sequencer.

The issue is not that I can't get the keyboard to work with FL, but that I don't know how to make the Keyboard useful in the Piano Roll. Attempting to record doesn't work as everything recorded attempts to go directly to the Step Sequencer instead of the PR.

Basically, how do I change the focus to the piano roll, because clearly clicking on it isn't the answer.

Basically, how do I change the focus to the piano roll, because clearly clicking on it isn't the answer.

Hit F10 and look at your MIDI options. I think you have "Record to Step Sequencer" enabled.

Aha! That was exactly it... I feel like an idiot now seeing that the option is in such plain sight >_>.

Thanks much :3.

How do I do slides?

Easy. You can only do them with generators that suuport them, but most of the naives synths and samplers do, except the TS404. Anyways, to make a slide, go into the piano roll.

First, draw the note you wat to start at. Then click the slide button, which is the funny thing near the top left corner with a triangle in a corner. Then draw the slide at the note you want to slide to, starting from when you want to start sliding, and ending when you want to the slide to end.

Easy, da? If you can't find the slide button go look at the Help file. Slides are under piano roll, if I remember right. They also show you how to do more funky stuff, like sliding multiple notes, sliding some notes but not others, and so forth.

Not entirely sure what you mean here. Dynamics is a whole range of things, like velocity, peak volume, RMS volume, Compression, etc. Also, you dont automate channels. You automate Knobs and Sliders. Could you re-phrase your question so its clearer?

Sorry for this, but I need to ask few newbien00b questions again :oops:

1) Is it possible to switch tempo among a song?

2) How to make something crescendo-like thingy?

3) That slide thing, well I got it but when I use it the note will not work...