FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Well, I've never had such a problem, but it does sound like that battery plugin is doing random stuff. Firstly, turn on Smart disable, that should ease up the load on your CPU.

Secondly, try exporting the drums tracks alone using the mixer's export channel function. Then do the rest of the song, and paste the drums back on using your wave editor of choice. Not elegant, particularly if you are doing your copression and whatnot in Fruity, but it will work.

Or, you could export the drums, as above, then put them back in as an audio clip. Hells yeah.

I was under the impression that note bending was expressed in cents away from the root note, not as two distinct notes... if it was two distinct notes, wouldn't it be a slide?

Anyways, I know FL can only do slides with plugins that support the FL standard, unless you do the monophonic thing. Perhaps this is the problem? I'm afraid I have no experience with the guitar thing your using, so perhaps someone else could be of more help to you.

WHO KNOWS HOW TO LIKE BLEND NOTES FOR EXAMPLE LIKE A INDIAN FLUTE BUT LIKE YOU CANT HEAR WEN THE NOTE CHANGES ITS LIKE ONE NOTE U CANT HEAR THE END OF A NOTE PLAYED ALL BLENDED PLZ COULD U GET BAK 2 ME IF U NO HOW 2 DO THIS ON FRUITY LOOP THANKXXX :D

Would you guys say FL or Tracktion is better?

Better at what, man? give us more specifics. What woudl it be used for, etc...

Better at all around music making. Like acting as a a stand alone product. And as something that can do all styles of music.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm pretty new. Been workin on my first couple songs - I dunno if they qualify for OCR though. My question is, how do you do panning in FL? Like, make an instrument seem to move from right to left? I don't know if this was already explained, but I am not about to wade through the 161 pages of this thread finding it.

OK well you've given me some stuff to search for in the help file anyway. ;)

um oh wait ... in that case, if there's a knob for each individual note, what if you want a progression of notes gradually panning one way or another in exactly equal steps? is that what the "automatic panning" thing means?

I just installed Emulator X for my 1212m, and I'm having problems getting it to work as a VSTi in FL Studio

Here's specifically what I did:

Installed Emulator X and its 2GB of samples into my VSTPlugins directory.

Applied the Emulator X update from EMU's website.

Fired up FL Studio 6.

Set all the inputs and outputs to use ASIO.

Configured Patchmix DSP (Finally getting the hang of this app) so I can hear ASIO.

Channels->Add one->more->refresh->Emulator X

Loaded general midi bank, selected any instrument.

Played some notes.

Now the problem is that the quality of the sounds is horrible. I'm not talking "The software should have come with beter samples" bad, I'm talking "more static than signal" bad, as if it were 500% of the volume needed to clip. The sounds are very quiet, that's just the best way I can describe how bad it sounds. I tried adjusting volumes (though none of my peak meters in any app were more than about halfway full), adjusting VST latency, setting FL's output to WAVE instead of ASIO, and general messing around in Patchmix DSP. While I got sound output regardless of what settings I used, it was always the horrible quality output I described earlier.

How can I get the pristine sound out of my card for Emulator X that I'm getting with other VSTi?

Edit: Here's an mp3 of an organ playing a major scale through Emulator X

I just installed Emulator X for my 1212m, and I'm having problems getting it to work as a VSTi in FL Studio

Here's specifically what I did:

Installed Emulator X and its 2GB of samples into my VSTPlugins directory.

Applied the Emulator X update from EMU's website.

Fired up FL Studio 6.

Set all the inputs and outputs to use ASIO.

Configured Patchmix DSP (Finally getting the hang of this app) so I can hear ASIO.

Channels->Add one->more->refresh->Emulator X

Loaded general midi bank, selected any instrument.

Played some notes.

Now the problem is that the quality of the sounds is horrible. I'm not talking "The software should have come with beter samples" bad, I'm talking "more static than signal" bad, as if it were 500% of the volume needed to clip. The sounds are very quiet, that's just the best way I can describe how bad it sounds. I tried adjusting volumes (though none of my peak meters in any app were more than about halfway full), adjusting VST latency, setting FL's output to WAVE instead of ASIO, and general messing around in Patchmix DSP. While I got sound output regardless of what settings I used, it was always the horrible quality output I described earlier.

How can I get the pristine sound out of my card for Emulator X that I'm getting with other VSTi?

Same thing happens to me when I try to use EWQLOS. I think it has something to do with the physical memory or RAM limits, but I'm not sure.

(my initial post)

Same thing happens to me when I try to use EWQLOS. I think it has something to do with the physical memory or RAM limits, but I'm not sure.

My system has 2 GB of DDR400 and Emulator X sounds crappy regardless of whether I load it into RAM or stream from the disk. The only bank I can load with Emulator X that fills up my RAM entirely (along with everything else I have loaded) is Studio Grand (1.42 GB). The problem happens regardless of which bank I load.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm considering getting Fruity Loops. I know the minimum on music (tried learning how to play the piano for about 2 years, but didn't get much out of it), but I'd like to learn more, but I don't have the time to actually get lessons. I was hoping to learn as much as I could from books and internet tutorials. And I'd also need some kind of "instrument" so I was going to get one of the music mixing programs you guys use.

My main question is: is FL beginner friendly? I mean, is it the best program of it's kind for people who are starting out? Because that's what I want, something that easy to work with. Also, how much is it, and is it available anywhere? Or do I need to buy it online?

Finally, would I be able to create songs using just FL, and the samples it comes with or with extra ones? Meaning, is it possible for me to make music with FL, a computer and a mouse?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, I'm considering getting Fruity Loops. I know the minimum on music (tried learning how to play the piano for about 2 years, but didn't get much out of it), but I'd like to learn more, but I don't have the time to actually get lessons. I was hoping to learn as much as I could from books and internet tutorials. And I'd also need some kind of "instrument" so I was going to get one of the music mixing programs you guys use.

My main question is: is FL beginner friendly? I mean, is it the best program of it's kind for people who are starting out? Because that's what I want, something that easy to work with. Also, how much is it, and is it available anywhere? Or do I need to buy it online?

Finally, would I be able to create songs using just FL, and the samples it comes with or with extra ones? Meaning, is it possible for me to make music with FL, a computer and a mouse?

Thanks in advance.

-Very begginer friendly. I started out with it and still use it.

-It is available in most music stores, you just have to do a little searching to find it. I found it once in Sam Ash music, not sure if that's a national store or not.

-Yes, very possible with limited hardware (aka the program, a computer, and a mouse). That's all I have to make music too.

Knowing your way around a piano helps, too.

Edit: chillah, yea, this is the right place. Thanks for helping. :D

Thanks in advance.

-Very begginer friendly. I started out with it and still use it.

-It is available in most music stores, you just have to do a little searching to find it. I found it once in Sam Ash music, not sure if that's a national store or not.

-Yes, very possible with limited hardware (aka the program, a computer, and a mouse). That's all I have to make music too.

Knowing your way around a piano helps, too.

Edit: chillah, yea, this is the right place. Thanks for helping. :D

So you'd be able to make high quality music with it? And you woulden't need any additional content such as a keyboard or any other things?