FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

^Yup.
So you'd be able to make high quality music with it? And you woulden't need any additional content such as a keyboard or any other things?

Just ask zircon.

zircon has every vst known to mankind.

he pretty much sucked before he got them.

dont believe me? listen to his green greens mix on vgmix when it goes back up.

^Yup.
So you'd be able to make high quality music with it? And you woulden't need any additional content such as a keyboard or any other things?

Just ask zircon.

zircon has every vst known to mankind.

he pretty much sucked before he got them.

dont believe me? listen to his green greens mix on vgmix when it goes back up.

That just proves the point further (good software=good music)...

And your excuse? I don't see any OCRemixes in your name...and I'm not turning this into a flame thread. PM me if you have a problem.

does any one know how to make a sound like "up and down"?

i mean, the sound wave likes up and down, imagine that sound like when u r playing guitar using a handle, make the pitch up and down

sorry, my english sucks, hard to describe what the sound likes.....

Yes, thats the pitch controller. You need to play around with the pitch event editor, make it go "up and down" until you get the speed right.

Sorry if that was too vague, I have a tendency to do that without realizing it.

Yes, thats the pitch controller. You need to play around with the pitch event editor, make it go "up and down" until you get the speed right.

um, if i want to specify 1 instrument's sound goes "up and down" how to do it? i just made all stuff 's sound go up and down together only

Sounds like you have found the master pitch slider. Leave that one alone, unless you know what the hell you are doing.

You want the channel pitch knob. Its up at the top of the channel properties window. Thats the window you get when you left-click on a channel.

Sounds like you have found the master pitch slider. Leave that one alone, unless you know what the hell you are doing.

You want the channel pitch knob. Its up at the top of the channel properties window. Thats the window you get when you left-click on a channel.

i got it man, really thanks for both of your helps

um, if i want to specify 1 instrument's sound goes "up and down" how to do it? i just made all stuff 's sound go up and down together only

Just for future reference, when the pitch goes "up and down", its called vibrato. You might want to brush up on some musical terms to communicate a little clearer.

No problem, though.

Just for future reference, when the pitch goes "up and down", its called vibrato. You might want to brush up on some musical terms to communicate a little clearer.

No problem, though.

yea, that's exactly wt i mean, got a new term, thnak you

Hi guys, I've been using FL for a couple of months now, but I still have some seemingly basic questions:

Is there any way to make a note crescendo in the middle of it without having to use the event editor?

Is there a way to have a note only play as long as its respective note in the piano roll shows? Does it depend on the instrument? I'm trying to get a TS404 to have a sharp beginning and ending.

How do you make/use automation clips? I saw a little about it in the beginning of this thread, but I'm still confused about it.

I should probably be PMing Rellik for this one, but here goes anyway...

How do you do those awesome glitching effects like in Mirror and Transparent by Rellik?

Thanks for any help.

Is there any way to make a note crescendo in the middle of it without having to use the event editor?

Yes.... sorta. By playing with your volume envelope, you can get it to cresendo mid-note - but it will do that for every note. You could clone the channel though, have one cresendo midnote, the other not. Then use each when necessary. You could also drop a slide on the same note with increased volume - that could sound dodgy though, depending on the instrument.

Is there a way to have a note only play as long as its respective note in the piano roll shows? Does it depend on the instrument? I'm trying to get a TS404 to have a sharp beginning and ending.

Most instruments do play for as long as the note is held, the TS404 is the exception, not the rule. The TS404's sustain time will end either when you release the note, in which case it moves onto the release parameter, or when its time is up, when it will go onto the realase bit again. You can mitgate this somewhat by just setting the sustain knob to max, but there will still be an upper limit. If you want an abrupt ending, then make sure the release is set to zero.

How do you make/use automation clips? I saw a little about it in the beginning of this thread, but I'm still confused about it.

Firstly, if you're happy with the even editor, you can use that for everything auto clips do. But auto clips are more convinient for some stuff, so heres how you do them:

1) right click on the knob you want to automate.

2) select "make automation clip"

3) put the automation clip in the playlist. They go in the bottom bit, like audio clips.

4) make the auto clip so it does what you want it to. I won't describe how to do that, it is all fairly easy.

I should probably be PMing Rellik for this one, but here goes anyway...

How do you do those awesome glitching effects like in Mirror and Transparent by Rellik?

Don't know that track, nor have any pratice at glitching, but I think it can be done with dedicated effects (VST's and so forth, or the fruity granulizer), crazy event editoring (I'm thinking volume control and some spastic settings on the LFO command), automation (Fruity formula controler ^_^), or simple manipulation of audio clips in the playlist. Just a few ideas to get you started.

EDIT: This thread may be of interest to you, as its talking about a glitcher.

Help! :(

I came home from work one day... and my FLstudio stopped working.

I try to open it, it shows the splash screen and then does the windows critical error thing.

I've tried everything - uninstall, reinstall, install in a different directory, clean up my registry, scanned for spyware, virus scan, etc. and nothing works! I can't do a system rollback because there isn't a recovery point for any time before the date it stopped working.

I didn't install anything or make any major changes before or around the time it stopped working.

does anyone know how i can fix this?

its driving me so crazy im thinking of just reformatting...argh :(

How do I properly use GM-compatible drum soundfonts in FruityLoops? Obviously the drum samples included in FruityLoops are not up to par with any decent ones, but when I download drum soundfonts there's really no easy way to organize the different samples. I know each note number corresponds to a certain hit, but that doesn't help when you just have a piano roll with the notes listed by note names and not numbers.

Or is the best thing to do just download individual drum samples (bass, snare, toms, etc.) off the Internet and arrange them similar to the way the Templates are arranged?

Sorry for my noobness, but this is the main thing that is hindering my progress in making music.

How do I properly use GM-compatible drum soundfonts in FruityLoops? Obviously the drum samples included in FruityLoops are not up to par with any decent ones, but when I download drum soundfonts there's really no easy way to organize the different samples. I know each note number corresponds to a certain hit, but that doesn't help when you just have a piano roll with the notes listed by note names and not numbers.

Or is the best thing to do just download individual drum samples (bass, snare, toms, etc.) off the Internet and arrange them similar to the way the Templates are arranged?

Sorry for my noobness, but this is the main thing that is hindering my progress in making music.

Most drum sets are built off the same hits, the starting sample is a bass drum on C3. Then you go up chromatically to a rimshot, snare, (insert sample), another snare, etc. Just fool around with it like that and you will soon memorize the pattern.

Question: Is there a way the FL stepsequenser can do triplets? (yeah, the sequenser, not the pianoroll)

The only way I can think of is to actually speed up the bpm and set the number at the top of step sequencer to 6 or so. That should give you triplets...If this does not satisfy, go into your overall project properties and change the time signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, complete and utter noob with fruity loops as my name suggests. I love the dance/trance/hard trance/house/old skool scene. However, i dont have a clue how to use fruity loops. I just got it today ive been poking around with it and i have got a few things figured out but not enough to produce tracks. I need a tutorial, or a helping hand from someone to help me start off from scratch like when one of you guys did, if someone could get me started that would be great. Much Appreciated Thanks FruityNoob!!

p.s. A helping hand would be great as i hate tutorials! i just want to know how to start making a song and build from there.

Thanks Again.

hahaha sounds to me like you want it to be thrown into your lap..

First of all read your manual..

Second, google your way around..

Third if here, use the search function, we have many peepz like you who 'just started' and want everything in a blink of an eye. I'm afraid it doesn't really work like that, there is no tutorial to make an instant hit. It comes as times progresses, you just have to keep at it..

Hope that helps..