FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

I have an issue with FL Studio Producer Edition v5.02. When I go to save my project as a Fruity Loops loop file, it dont save it right. All I get is a file with the name i chose and a file size of 0. If I save it as a zipped loop file the loop file in the zip is also 0 on its file size in the zip. If I save as a mp3 or wav file Im just fine. What is causing this and how can I fix it?

That's an issue that happens with some cracked versions of FL... Some cracking groups [or maybe just one] kinda fucked up and distributed a version with saving errors... lol.

Er, I mean... buy FL6 :)

I see, I have no idea whether this version is cracked or not since its on a computer that was given to me by a friend when he got his new one. I take in unwanted computers that people dont want anymore no matter how old they are.I have 6 or 7 computers in this house now, and Im getting some more(as many as I can take) from someone who owns a computer business.

Anyone know how to make a good hoover arp in 3xOsc?

i'd just say to fool around with the presets, really, and go from there. a hoover is easy to do with the 3xOsc, you just need to experiment a lot with it to get a good sound. a lot of detuning, a lot of playing with the attack and all that. effects will make the sound, sometimes, so i'd think that you should plug with some phase distortion, too. i'd say, though, that maybe some of the other plugins are more suited to it.

wats up guys. Ok this is killing me softly...I just got a Korg K49 midi keyboard. Well I installed the drivers, and followed all the forums at FLStudio.com and went through all the proper steps. I am using the midi controllers that i installed off of the disc into Fl Studio 6.

Well when I play the keyboard a couple things happen.

1. It plays the note but at rapid fire

2. it doesn't play the note at all

3. it plays the note about 5-10 seconds after I press the key

4. it won't let me play two notes at the same time.

5. I'll hit the key once and like 5 disjointed notes will come out, then I hit the same key again absolutely nothing.

6. the overall response is complete crap

Steps 1-6 also happen when I use the stand alone vst to play the midi keyboard. Fl Studio isn't even on when this happens. I have also done some trouble shooting by messing around with all the settings on both fruity loops and the standalone vst, the sound changes a little bit but those same problems are still there.

I installed all the the drivers and the programs that came off the disc. I went step by step through fl studio and set up all the correct midi settings. Am I missing something obvious, or is the keyboard I just got suck.

My computer has a creative xi-fi soundcard. AMD Athlon 64, 1 gb ram. I am hooking up the keyboard using the usb cable that came with it. You guys can be as technical as possible as I use to be a computer tech for almost a year and I'll understand anything u'll say.

Edit: forget this post and just read the one below.

ok guys, for some reason today the keyboard works perfectly fine :D ...yes i am that happy. I didn't touch a thing and it's working just fine. Unless my computer need to be restarted 4 times and not just once after I installed the drivers? But that's completely illogical, so who knows what happened just as long as it works I'm happy :lol:

So if anyone just got a midi keyboard and needs help getting it hooked up to fruity loops i'll be able to help you out, but i can't guarantee it'll work first time :wink:

ok guys, for some reason today the keyboard works perfectly fine :D ...yes i am that happy. I didn't touch a thing and it's working just fine. Unless my computer need to be restarted 4 times and not just once after I installed the drivers? But that's completely illogical, so who knows what happened just as long as it works I'm happy :lol:

So if anyone just got a midi keyboard and needs help getting it hooked up to fruity loops i'll be able to help you out, but i can't guarantee it'll work first time :wink:

sounds like lag, for a few of the things. make sure all your other shit is closed down first.

Wats up guys, yup I got another problem here it is. It's involving Kontakt 2.

OK here's how the story goes...I have a pre-existing song. I insert Kontakt 2 as a VST. I choose say for instance a guitar sample to use. I test to see how the guitar sounds so I hit a few kets on my midi keyboard and some nice distorted guitar comes out. Next I copy a melody from a pre-existing instrument (slayer for instance) on the panel and paste it into Kontakt 2. Kontakt 2 does not play the melody I pasted into it. However if I write a new melody into the the piano roll for that same Kontakt 2 it plays it just fine. Also if I copy the new melody that I just wrote in the piano roll for Kontakt 2 and paste it into another Kontakt 2 VST that is using a piano as a sample for example. That melody plays on the Kontakt 2 using a piano.

When I import a midi file and replace one of the midi out's that contains a melody with a Kontakt 2 VST it doesn't play either.

So if anyone else knows anything let me know, bc it's gonna suck rebuilding melodies by having to use ghost chanells and then re-selecting where each note goes... :cry: That's like form of torture for a remixer.

ok i know this sounds crazy, but Kontakt 2 will only play notes that are the colour green on piano roll. Crazy yes, why I don't know.

Actually that's not crazy! Different colors represent different midi channels. So your note color may have been pink and that's channel.... I dunno. The colors are all too damn similar, I don't like using them because of that.

Yo, this is more of an FL and Reason question but I thought i'd just stick it in here.

I installed Reason today, and I wanted to Rewire it with FL so I could use the sounds of my Triton refill in FL. So I did all the necessary stuff and got it working, when I play notes in the Piano Roll it plays them fine straight off the refill. Then when I wanted to record, it records the notes but theres no playback in FL. Do I have to link the programs through midi to get it to play the notes?

Or isn't it possible to use the refill sounds in FL?

It's nearly 6 AM so I've probably missed out something really obvious, any help would be appreiciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Watched a tutorial on YouTube and learnt how to add the MIDI Out channel.

that could do it, or you could close reason, add a ReWire channel (in fl6, i don't know how to do it in 5 or 4.1) and then re-open reason. once fl's open, for some reason Reason opens in slave mode and it works. but it's really friggin annoying to input stuff into reason once it's in slave mode because you can't move the playback position cursor ANYWHERE without adjusting it in fl first.

wats up dudes more problems with kontakt 2...wat a mother fucker. I have some les paul guitar being played off of Kontakt 2 and in fl studio 6 it plays everything through the whole mix just fine but when I rip the mp3 (224 kbits, max wavedepth, 6 point hermite) it's all fubared. The guitar will play some notes then just stop all of the sudden and go silent, then start playing again then stop again...it's a vicious cycle. Using NI stuff with fl studio is like using a completely different version of fl studio.

FYI, in Kontakt 2 I found that if u vary the velocity levels individually on the piano roll and not the master volume for the instrument it greatly changes the sound of the instrument. Kontakt 2 is much more sensitive to velocity levels than the sf2 player. This is prob a good example of why Kontakt 2 is as good as it is. Like the guitar at max velocity sounds really bad. Lower it and sounds really good.

Make sure "Rendering Mode Notify" is checked in the Fruity Wrapper for Kontakt 2. Access it by clicking on the downards triangle in the upper left of the wrapper. Use Fixed Size Buffers can help also.

Thanks zircon, it works much better but it's still not a 100% prob bc in certain parts the guitar is goin 110 mph. Think guilty gear. I'll just split up notes between seperate guitars so the one synth isn't providing every single note and gets overloaded.

I have a similar problem with Kontakt2.1.1.001 in FLStudio6.0.8 and the VSL Horizon samples.

The best it works for me, if I turn on "Fixed Size Buffers" while playing it realtime in FLStudio, but turn it OFF before rendering (if it's checked while rendering the instruments seem to swing around the clock).

"Rendering Mode Notify" should be also checked (otherwise I get the same problem with some silent places).

• 2 weeks later...

1) set the notes velocity to 30,

2) drop a slide ALSO ON C SO THERE IS NO PITCH DIFFERENCE <---IMPORTANT

3) Set the slide's velocity to 80.

-blank stare-

I. Er. Ebbeh.

....what?

I think I'll go with Chavous's approach - it seems simpler. I'm curious, though, is there a way to edit the volume events by inputting the values numerically, rather than eyeballing them with a mouse?

A new question - how do I apply an effect {for example, a chorus VST} into a note/pattern/channel?

TIA and thanks for the help with the volumes.