OCR00800 - Chrono Trigger "The Trial in Concert"

orkybash

I believe this to be the best piano remix on the site, and it's honestly some of the best piano I have ever heard in my life. Really it's just brilliant; and I wish Spekkosaurus would have done a few more like this before he quit remixing. Oh well.. I'll still be listening to this for a long time to come.

hello, I am new around here, let me introduce myself...My name is Jefferson and I am from brazil, I've just signed up just to ask the sheet of this song, can I have a copy please please?

This is the best song I have ever heard in my life, I just wanted the sheet to play it on piano (I am new playing piano too and I don't think I will get to play this song one day, lol)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh wow...to think that this was recorded live, in one take...

I love when pianists just go crazy like this. It's like they have a creativity spasm and explode all over the keys and the result is sheer magnificence.

Now I just can't imagine it sounding any different, even in the game.

I love when that happens.

• 10 months later...

First off, this is worlds better than the first mix that Steffan sub'd. The piano sound quality is very crisp and full bodied. The performance is spot on. The arrangement is fantastic. I can hardly believe that this is one take, but I don't doubt it. There are some wrong notes in the piece, but the style of playing not only allows for them, but it almost encourages them and it gives the track a great feel. The dynamics in the piece are phenomenal. The changes in tempo are excellently performed. I suppose my one "complaint" comes from the length of the track itself. Being just shy of 8 mins, the solo piano, while very well played, becomes a little repetitive in nature. Not the arrangement, just the soundscape. The source is great, but 8 mins just feels a little too long for me. However, if 8 mins is what you needed to express yourself, far be it from me to say that's wrong!

• 9 months later...

Really nice and varied piano work, and the long play time gives Steffan plenty of time to add in his own touches. I love these sort of extended piano solos, where you can really get a good look inside the mind of a musician. I agree with Brian, the soundscape can get a little samey, but I think it's tempered by the purity of ideas.

Overall really strong. Check this one out.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00800 - Chrono Trigger "The Trial in Concert"