The Irate Gamer

The Pezman

LOL. Funny and nicely produced show.

I knew all the info about SMB2 beforehand, though. His comments about Mario 2 (or Super Mario USA as it's known in Japan) baffle me a bit. I read somewhere that the reason NOA decided against releasing the real SMB2 in the US (in addition to what he mentioned) was because that it was too hard. He keeps bitching about how "our" SMB2 was so damn hard he neglected to mention how freakin' hard The Lost Levels is.

Yeah...he's one of those people who hate "the black sheep" of the series. I bet he hates Zelda II. While I think that it was excellent stuff. Yeah, I know that they cheaply produced "our" Mario 2, but you can't deny that it added a lot of flare to the series. Many people forget the fact that SMB2 was one of the first platformers to have an "adventure" element in addition to jumping around the levels. To me, I felt that Mario Bros. 2 evolved the series to another level, despite how it was actually made.

while I find the show to be very well made. his arguments and opinions are completely idiotic.

saying super mario bros 2 was a bad game because of the difficulty is like saying Ninja Gaiden was bad for that same reason.

I didn't learn anything new from watching that video. http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/ is where I learned that stuff YEARS ago.

also Super Mario Bros 2 added a whole different dimenson to the mushroom kingdom that we know now.

Bob-ombs would not have been added to SMB3.

shy-guys wouldn't have been added to yoshi games

Complaining about SMB2 for changes is like complaining about Mario 64 for not being 2D.

This guy seems dumb for his explanations on why he thinks SMB2 sucks and is, in my opinion, very, very annoying

Am I the only one who's realized he is joking? That the creator of the video really believes the opposite of everything his kooky-review-video-ego says?

Surely that must be the case, as his arguments are all ludicrous and backwards. Throwing enemies at each other for hearts, collecting cherries to get a starman - those things made the game so much more fun! SMB Advance is awful because of all the reasons that he said makes it better. Anyone here played that game? It's so easy it's not even remotely fun, and all the "cool powerups" they added are lame and unnecessary (they actually make the game boring). Doki Doki Panic's gameplay is truly worse than SMB2 in every way that it's different. Except for maybe the sliding heads :wink:

HA! Read the video's description ^_^

[Edit]

I remember this game! Here, this review's quite a bit funnier:

while I find the show to be very well made. his arguments and opinions are completely idiotic.

saying super mario bros 2 was a bad game because of the difficulty is like saying Ninja Gaiden was bad for that same reason.

I didn't learn anything new from watching that video. http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/ is where I learned that stuff YEARS ago.

also Super Mario Bros 2 added a whole different dimenson to the mushroom kingdom that we know now.

Bob-ombs would not have been added to SMB3.

shy-guys wouldn't have been added to yoshi games

Complaining about SMB2 for changes is like complaining about Mario 64 for not being 2D.

This guy seems dumb for his explanations on why he thinks SMB2 sucks and is, in my opinion, very, very annoying

Internet: Serious Business. -_-; ANYWAY, I watched his Hotel Gaming video and it made me crack up so much.

An obvious clone of AVGN, but no less good I think.

Personally I think Angry Nerd has hit a point (long ago) where his show just isn't funny. It has fallen into a repetitive, irrelevant spewing of curses and fecal jokes. Yes, we get it, the game sucks. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over again all the while utilizing the works "shit" and "fuck" for every other word in your review. It's just old and redundant and I've stopped listening for the most part. Oh, and the AVGN intro song is annoying as hell and should be done away with.

He's already riping off the Nerd, and now he has to put down Super Mario Bros. 2?

That's lame, because Super Mario Bros. 2 is awesome. I got it a few days after it came out, even after hearing how people told my Dad it wasn't very good. Sure, it was a cheap international scheme, but the result from that was something better than I could have ever imagined at the time.

Yes, I have beaten the lost levels. Very fun and extremely challenging, but I'm glad that Nintendo dressed up Doki Doki Panic for us.

You want to know why people hate games like Mario 2 and Zelda 2? Because they suck at them or simply couldn't figure them out. They expect the same game as its predecessor, fall in cliffs and die repeatedly, and wonder aimlessly because they think they are playing the same game.

By the way, anyone who thinks Super Mario Bros. 2 is too difficult shouldn't even be playing video games. It has an average amount of challenge for a side scrolling game. Zelda 2? Pretty damn difficult, even after you've beaten it a few times.

Difficulty is good, and games should never lose points for well-implemented difficulty. The only bad kind is the cheap kind, caused by bad control/hit detection/game design.

He's already riping off the Nerd, and now he has to put down Super Mario Bros. 2?

That's lame, because Super Mario Bros. 2 is awesome. I got it a few days after it came out, even after hearing how people told my Dad it wasn't very good. Sure, it was a cheap international scheme, but the result from that was something better than I could have ever imagined at the time.

Yes, I have beaten the lost levels. Very fun and extremely challenging, but I'm glad that Nintendo dressed up Doki Doki Panic for us.

You want to know why people hate games like Mario 2 and Zelda 2? Because they suck at them or simply couldn't figure them out. They expect the same game as its predecessor, fall in cliffs and die repeatedly, and wonder aimlessly because they think they are playing the same game.

By the way, anyone who thinks Super Mario Bros. 2 is too difficult shouldn't even be playing video games. It has an average amount of challenge for a side scrolling game. Zelda 2? Pretty damn difficult, even after you've beaten it a few times.

Difficulty is good, and games should never lose points for well-implemented difficulty. The only bad kind is the cheap kind, caused by bad control/hit detection/game design.

Well, people hate hard video games. Look at today's generation. They wouldn't survive in the 8-bit world.

I don't think it has to do with being hard. It's just that in the grand scheme of things, I have to agree that SMB2 was not even Super Mario to begin with.

Though if it was made to to be Super Mario instead of Doki Doki Panic, I'd easily rank it as one of the best Mario games ever made.

I sometimes wish Nintendo would have made a franchise out of the Doki Doki games with all is Arabic influences. That would have been surreal.

I dunno, AVGN's last one with Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout was pretty funny.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

whats up doc?