Mazedude's music featured on Capoeira Nation!

Mazedude

Greetings from Mazedude, one and all.

I am very proud and excited to announce the launching of a new website. It is the first of its kind - to teach the martial art of Capoeira via Instructional Videos on the Internet.

I am even more delighted to share the kickass news that I am the composer for the website, and all of their video productions. For those who are not aware, Capoeira is from Brazil, and the music that accompanies the martial art is very unique and ethnic. The vocals are in Portugese, and the beats are performed by such instruments as the berimbau, atabaque, and pandeiro. I play each of these instruments, and am fluent in the various traditional beats and songs. However, for this project I have been given the freedom to fuse the traditional style with that of my own, and I've had just oodles of fun putting it together. :)

I invite everyone to check it out: http://www.capoeiranation.com

Even better examples can be heard in the Promo videos: http://www.myspace.com/capoeiranation

Enjoy the music, but furthermore, enjoy the site. If you're at all interested in learning Capoeira, but don't have any teachers near you, well, that's what this website solves!

All the best,

Mazedude

capoeira_nation_banner.jpg

Learn Capoeira in six easy lessons, the Mazedude way!

Sorry, but the cynic in me can't get over the very commercial presentation and the Hollywood-ized persuasion that in a short period of time, beginners can learn to perform Capoeira just like the videos. Unfortunately for me, the music only helps to solidify my made-up nickname for your oft times corny arrangements, Maizedude.

But, the kid in me likes the frosting!

And only five easy payments of $29.95!

Man, I wish I had this in high school. I lived in a suburban dairy town in Southern California with the closest place to play being 20 miles away. Now I'm in West LA with plenty of rodas. I'll keep an eye on the site! Thanks a lot.

By the way, Mazedude, you don't happen to know a guy named Henry Iglesias, do you?

Hey guys, thanks for checking out the site!

As to the music for download, I haven't decided yet. My ultimate goal is to take the songs I've written so far as develop them into full-length pieces... and then release an album through the site.

So, I don't know if I want everyone having the rough-draft versions of the songs, so to speak, on their computer. Then again, if it gives them a reason to add it to their playlists, get into it, and then want more when the CD's done, then I suppose it's not a bad idea.

And geez, the site says nothing along the lines of "six easy lessons," and it's common sense that learning how to do the moves is only a small part of learning how to do the martial art. The best way to learn is from a teacher and by playing in the roda, and it still takes several years to get good. But, tons of people all over the world don't have teachers or rodas. So, we're doing what we can for those people.

And thanks for blogging and spreading the word around - keep it up! This whole project has been a huge labor of love, and a ton of hard work. We're going to be adding new moves to the site soon too, so stay tuned. :)

Mazedude

capoeira_nation_banner.jpg

PS - Yes, I do know Henry Iglesias. He's a good friend of mine; we've worked together several times. E-mail me at mazedude@aol.com if you have any questions or anything you want to say about him.