*NO* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 'Metal Shredder'

djpretzel

ok. I'm gonna say NO to this one for the following reasons:

The title is "Metal Shredder." Cute, but this particular tune is the opening title song. Anyway, that's not really pertinent to the song anyway. While I don't think there's anything WRONG with the piece on its own, its rubs me the wrong way. Why? Because it seems like another case of mistaken identity. This remix doesn't really follow the original enough for me to think it's a remix of it and not the theme from the cartoon. Almost like a hybrid. Yeah we all heard the opening theme on the TMNT game and thought "this isn't quite the same as the show" but that's the way it was. And I'm not even sure where this guy is going around :34 - :46. Anyway, I don't mind diverging from a theme from time to time, but this one is especially hard for me to pass through because it is also the theme from the tv show. Could also be that the sound of the whole thing grates on me, like it's too much, too fast, and then cuts off at 1:20 (though the ending is nicely done) before it's really started. Not everyone needs to write songs that are 8 minutes long, but this seems a bit to the opposite extreme. Dunno. I don't feel good enough about this one to pass it (and it has nothing to do with the style, because I can appreciate when a style is done well, no matter what the genre).

DC

Very nice. Very creative.

It gets a NO for one big reason, however.

Too short. I dont feel that we should have 1:20 songs on this site. It denotes lack of effort. While the first minute is rather well done (on the guitars, cant say the same for the synth/drums) it could have also been longer.

Further reasons are as follows:

The song didnt follow the original from the game too well and did verge on the TV show melody quite a bit. I remember the original from the game very well and I would have rathered this follow the GAME theme rather than the TV show theme. This reason isnt that relevant, however. I would have given a YES anyway.

I am aware that we HAVE 1 minute rock songs on this website (ex. http://remix.overclocked.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00506) But we also have a judge forum now.

So make it 2:30 + and resubmit it and you'll get a definite YES from me, bud. (If the quality of the mix continues consistently, ofcourse)

-Pro