Bah, I'm considering this done!

Flik

I wanted it to sound close to the original because I thought it sounded best that way. I've never 'covered' a song before, so I wanted to give it a try.

The main reason for even doing this remix / cover was because my dad and I had started a little competition between each other on who could make a cover of the song the fastest. He used to play the song on keys in one of his old bands, so it was a fun thing for us to do. Unfortunately he had to drop out due to work stress, so I just kept tinkering with mine over time.

There's tons of ways I could have made the song different, but I just didn't want to. I really liked the way the original sounded and wanted my version to follow it in that regard, except me putting my own twist to it. There's lots of things I wished I could have done with this version, such as live guitar in the breakdown section, but I couldn't find anyone to do it, so sampled guitar here I come!

So, besides me being fairly unoriginal, I hope it's still enjoyable...for an 80's song.