ChronoTrigger Remix

Majeliss

Merry meet,

I had some hardships last year which prevented me from actually dealing with music (save for Guitar), but I worked on this Chronotrigger remix last year at my brothers request.

It's not the usual psy-groove style, and picking it back up after 8 months or so leaves me clueless on how to execute this remix.

I've never played the game.

I would like to get some good advice on where to take this remix.

Suggestions on production and style are not really welcomed :[ Unless they are REALLY REALLY good suggestions.

http://majeliss.googlepages.com/majeliss-ct.mp3

Thanks much

Blessed be.

Good luck with getting feedback.

If you are not sure where to take the remix, why are you remixing this track at all? Sure, you might have a block, but isn't having the idea of where to take the remix one of the main motivations behind wanting to remix a tune? If you are not feeling it, and you don't really know where to take it (I am sorry, but there is nothing you can take anywhere in this mix, its just a sparse intro) I say ditch it. Do something you have passion for. Like Pokemon.

I may be a newb at making music, but it's real hard to make something when you can't get an emotion going...BUT what you could do is associate this remix with a song you recognize and mix the 2 together >_<. Quite a few songs like CidSendsADreamToTheOceanPalace holy crap that's a long name...but anyways, it's easier that way methinks. Like try making a song you recognize first...then make the chrono trigger song bleed into it half way or so, that way you might get a feeling there.

However, I'm getting a feeling in this song...it feels kinda like Metroid Prime lol. I wouldn't ditch this song lol...then again I myself recognize this tune so I have a feeling for it lol. Oh well...

yo majeliss:

listening, the intro is kind of sparse, I like those cool booms and bangs, but I think you should have some kind of pad behind this, coming in and out just to help with the sparseness...after say...:15, maybe leading up to that cool drum thingy...

also I know this game quite well, so if you need some suggestions on where to take this song, I can probably come up with a bunch

production and drums are great... You need some stronger instruments to come in at :37 and really hold that chord...

I suggest just your garden variety strings, because having played Chronotrigger, the game mixed both tech sounding music with a more epic, orchestral feel...also I suggest a crash cymbal there too, just for better emphasis..

hybrid this song up! also from about :40-1:00, you need to have something else going on, it's a wonderful soundscape you're making, but I think you could probably afford to have some sort of theme nod in there...

Anyway, this would probably be easier on aim, but I just wanted to give you some general ideas...

Also, I happen to be working on a song from a game I've never played either, so I know how you feel right now! Maybe we can help each other.