Movie Score

POCKETMAN

I need eerie/scary music for a film I am currently working on. Sorry I can not pay you. :-( But you name will appear in the credits, and if you wish, I will send you a copy of the movie. I am not a beginner. I have been making full length movies for about 6 years. And short films ever since I was in the 5th grade. That's almost 10 years. If you want to see some of shorter stuff check me out on www.dailymotion.com just search for Zoot Flab.

Now, about the movie, it's a sequel to a movie I made 2 years ago. Luigi's Mansion 2. Yes, the video game. That is why I am turning to the video game community. I want something like The Blair Witch 2, or Hannibal, or even The Village. With Luigi's Mansion music of course. If you are interested, let me know. Thanks!

Sure, getting a friend to do it is one thing, but going out on an internet forum and saying "Hi strangers, spend your time and skill for my project and get nothing in return, except the satisfaction of helping me". Doesn't that sound a bit wrong to you?

Actually I see this all over the internet. It's like there are so many people wanting to be music composers but don't get the opportunity, so there's always someone trying to take advantage of that to get free service, and pay "credit".

Sure, getting a friend to do it is one thing, but going out on an internet forum and saying "Hi strangers, spend your time and skill for my project and get nothing in return, except the satisfaction of helping me". Doesn't that sound a bit wrong to you?

Actually I see this all over the internet. It's like there are so many people wanting to be music composers but don't get the opportunity, so there's always someone trying to take advantage of that to get free service, and pay "credit".

Experience has to start somewhere. Free sound design is not a bad thing; it's what most portfolios are made of.

In short: stop being a prat!

Pocketman, let me know the details (via PM). I might be interested.

Well, you can call me whatever names you want, but it appears that he is now offering $100 (rather quickly, considering he said he didn't have cash) so it certainly went somewhere.

I've done free music for many friends and their games. But like I said, going on a forum and asking for free music is just taking advantage of the excess of musicians and giving less value to their service...

Well, you can call me whatever names you want, but it appears that he is now offering $100 (rather quickly, considering he said he didn't have cash) so it certainly went somewhere.

I've done free music for many friends and their games. But like I said, going on a forum and asking for free music is just taking advantage of the excess of musicians and giving less value to their service...

There've been numerous site projects here where the only motivation for the mixers involved was getting more exposure/credit, so how exactly is asking for a mixer to write a movie score different from that?

There've been numerous site projects here where the only motivation for the mixers involved was getting more exposure/credit, so how exactly is asking for a mixer to write a movie score different from that?

I'm not sure how exactly to explain this to someone who thinks differently. I personally see a difference between wanting to participate in OCRemix site projects, and a filmmaker going on the net asking a stranger to volunteer his time to write a movie score for his film. Take from that what you will, or disagree and rip it apart, it's all fair to me.

I'm not offering any money. I just asked how many would do it if there was money involved.

How long have you been here? I'm not new. I know a lot of people here. ;-)