*NO* Ninja Gaiden 2 'Electronic Storm'

djpretzel

Hi there, I recently got Buzz Tracker and decided to learn it by remixing one of my

favorite songs on the NES - The level 2-2 theme. I also have the midi on hand if you

need it, but I just got it from vgmusic.com anyway.

Keep in mind this /is/ my first attempt at any kind of remixing.. though I'm actually

quite confident in the quality. It's all about the texture. ~.^

List it as remixed by Anthropicus Panthera Morphous, and feel free to list this

email address (daeth@cogeco.ca) because, really, I need all the feedback I can

get. Thanks a bunch. ^.^

Ahhh! That bassline gets on my nerves in the beginning D: Then that lead at 0:46 really kills me. On top of that, this mix has weak drum programming. Not bad for a beginner, but keep practicing, and you'll get there! The introduction was pretty cool up until about 0:11. I hate to say that it was my favorite part, but it was.

NO

Ok, well there are a few things that strike me as "non-OCR-material" for this song. I'm wondering why it made it to the judges panel as opposed to going straight to... well anyway. There really isn't much variety here. I hear two or three different synths in the mix. Probably three since that's how many instruments are used in NSF files. And basically this falls into the "take a midi or nsf file, copy the notes, add a beat, don't vary it, then submit it and hope that it makes it in based on the fact that it's your first mix" category, and songs in that category get a no from me. So here:

NO

DC

3 No? does this deserve a mercy YES?

lets see..

Pros:

Im putting this sentence here so it doesnt SEEM like there are no Pros.

Cons:

Clippin straight off the start

128-320kbps VBR? HAS THE WORLD GONE INSANE? THAT will NOT solve your cliping problems, I guarentee.

Repeats

Nothing happens. No expantion on the theme

No melody. Lets try bass/lead harmony next time

NO

EDIT: the no was too small. so, NO[

-Pro