Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

DarkeSword

also i REALLY love the direction they took with the valhalla. AWESOME atmosphere

yeah, absolutely.

Winner of the 'Various entrances that actually made me jump' Award:

Spoiler:

I honestly can not think for them to have done that in a better way. It was all in a span of about 30 seconds.

Spoiler:At that point there is a large sense of urgency built up already, and you just saw something crazy that you weren't expecting- a Galatic Federation Marine just owns 3 space pirates. You have a real sense of him defending the area- you are running right by your ship and Ridley flies RIGHT over head and just starts blasting away at something further down the way. And you think "Oh shit Ridley!? Now?!" And then just later when he lands on the pipes you're rolling in and starts owning you I knew this was going to be one amazing game.

Damn this game is epic. Best game on the Wii so far IMO.

The whole buying stuff thing is pretty cool too. I have only been buying the soundtrack extras though, the music is just awesome!

Also, I dunno about you guys, but Advanced sensitivity just isn't enough for me. With it on, I still feel like I am turning around just a little too slow. It's pretty accurate though. Maybe I was just meant for a mouse.

I played this for too long tonight. My head kinda feels wierd.

I kept getting owned on the first boss on Bryyo until I figured out you could do something to not get hit...I always try the obvious solutions last. :?

What!? Whats the solution?!?! lol.

I only got by him cuz I glitched his ass. I died at least 3 times prior.

Oh, and not re-spawning at your last save is cool!

Ok, so I beat the game about 2 hours ago, but with a 99% completion rate (so as not to get the 100% ending). Only problem is... I really can't find the last energy tank. I figure it's in the final area (sorry, no spoilers here), but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, has anyone found all the SkyTown lores? Because I'm missing one of the scans and I can't for the life of me figure out which room its in. I don't know what the lore is called, but it's the one right below "Federation" on the list.

If anyone can find this stuff, free vouchers for the help, I guess. I need a lot more, so I can only guess how many everyone else needs. (I have 11 to give, so if you need them, let me know)

--Jack Kieser

I feel like I've been playing forever.

This game is epic. Much to do with the execution, Example (Spoiler):I needed the screw attack- but I had no idea where the screw attack was. On another planet?! So I go back to Bryyo, and it feels like old-school Super Metroid exploration. I stumble across the warp. What a trip! Blasting my way down through ice floors with the Plasma beam, giant statues and lore. The best part however, was the scrambled comm that you get. That detail just made it for me.

Later, on the pirate homeworld, I'm on my toes. The atmosphere is soo well done, I really feel like I am in the heart of the enemy fortress, and it really holds a deep subterranean metroid feel from not just super metroid, but the dungeon labyrinth of original metroid. And then the comm comes over from the escaped GF soldier. Absolutely amazing- and seemed like just the right thing to make the situation even more intense. I fruiting love this game.

Ok, so I found the SkyTown lore (right the frick in front of me, of course), and now all I'm missing is the Pirate scan between "Victory and Loss" and "Disaster at Elysia".

And of course, that last damn Energy Tank. Still can't figure out where the hell it is.

As always, if anyone can give me any info that helps me out, Friend Vouchers a plenty.

--Jack Kieser

Until I see a scan or screen shot from the game, I call bullshit on this. IGN has been making stupid claims on non-existent games for years now (the GBA and now DS Halo game, anyone?), and I don't believe them at all.

well, theres no more prime...so whats next? id like to see a 2D sequel.

Metroid needs a new 2D game so bad. Everything 2D, not 3D characters with a 2D world like NSMB.

Why not like NSMB? I could only see that benefiting things. Well anyway, Prime 3 is awesome, and I look forward to actually playing it for more than 30 minutes a day, soon.

Until I see a scan or screen shot from the game, I call bullshit on this. IGN has been making stupid claims on non-existent games for years now (the GBA and now DS Halo game, anyone?), and I don't believe them at all.

Even if it is made, I really, really, really hope it's sprite graphics. The ugly, pixelated 3D on the DS doesn't need to continue.

On another note, the Dread news could really be Hunters 2.

PS- I guess the news wasn't 100% verified just yet but there shouldn't be a reason for them to lie about it. I'm still looking for the messages since I skimped on almost all of them the first playthrough.

Personally, I LIKED the way 3d was used in NSMB, and if it was used nearly the same way (much more 2d than 3d - you guys all noticed that most of the enemies were actually sprites, right?) in said metroid game, I think it would be fantastic. NSMB wouldn't have looked nearly as crisp or clean if it had been entirely 2D.

Now anyway, I've got an important question. WHY is everyone comparing Prime 3 to Bioshock? And no, I don't mean to give some tired bullshit argument about graphics vs. gameplay, I'm merely wondering why people are saying one game is better than the other. Just a look at IGN within the next couple days will show you what I'm talking about - and not just their huge comparison article they just put up, but the user reviews of both games are ridiculous - I've seen 0s of both games on there given LITERALLY because say for example, person A is rabid about prime 3 and person B zeroed it but loves bioshock, so person A zeroes Bioshock in "revenge". I've even seen people on OCR comparing the two games. How did this connection/rivalry between two almost entirely opposite games possibly get established (aside from the fact that they were released relatively close to each other)?

Personally, I LIKED the way 3d was used in NSMB, and if it was used nearly the same way (much more 2d than 3d - you guys all noticed that most of the enemies were actually sprites, right?) in said metroid game, I think it would be fantastic. NSMB wouldn't have looked nearly as crisp or clean if it had been entirely 2D.

A lot of the enemies were in quasi 3D. And they weren't even animated well. Even DKC did it better 10 years ago. Also, I see no reasons why a 2D Mario would actually look worse than a slapped on 3D version. If the system can handle the 3D sprites and workload, I think they should go for it. But the way it's being done on the DS, it's mostly a gimmick and a half. Even Pokemon Diamond/Pearl didn't need it in favor of the old sprites IMO.

I admit there were a few uses of 3D in nsmb that seemed kind of gimmicky, ie when you step on those platforms that circle around the brick columns and mario goes way out in front of the bricks and around - something that's obviously intended to make you go "Whooaaahh 3d!!" instead of being useful. That said, I thought at least the Mario model worked really well. Having a 3d character in a 2d environment I thought worked surprisingly nicely. And I mean, it COULD be done right with Metroid too. On another note, I wouldn't say no to a Hunters 2.