Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

DarkeSword

Edit: Oh, you beat the game.

I think the code might give you access to a GF lore thing in the same room or a message from the ship's Aurora unit. I can't remember for sure.

Also: Nobody knows for sure, but some people are suggesting it's Nexus from Hunters because of the ship's shape. Although it wouldn't really make much sense.

text: I think you mean Sylux.

ok about the ending:

i get to the end of valhalla in the room where you get the code. there's this big thing in there with a code module dealie. i thought i'd return to it later, but i didn't. what does it do, and what is the code?

Explanation: The code you need to enter is in the same room; you scan a PDA on the floor next to a dead GF Trooper to get it. The message itself is Aurora Unit 313's last transmission before the Space Pirates stole him; watching it gives you a Friend Voucher.

But if it looks like Rundas' ship, then shouldn't it be either Rundas or Noxus, since they're of the same race?

Time for some definitive looking.

here's a video of a guy using an action replay to get on Sylux's ship, right about 1:30 in. And here's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZOoGA3E8o the ending to Prime 3: Corruption. They look sort of similar, but I'd like to see what Rundas' ship looks like before I make any calls either way.

But if it looks like Rundas' ship, then shouldn't it be either Rundas or Noxus, since they're of the same race?

Time for some definitive looking.

here's a video of a guy using an action replay to get on Sylux's ship, right about 1:30 in. And here's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZOoGA3E8o the ending to Prime 3: Corruption. They look sort of similar, but I'd like to see what Rundas' ship looks like before I make any calls either way.

You can See Rundus' ship in Bryyo Fire, it's parked right above yours. It looks nothing like the ship at the end of Corruption.

Edit: I watched the videos and though there are some general similiarities, I wouldn't call them the same ship. Any speculation at this point is just that, speculation. There's not any real evidence as to the ship's identity.

Edit 2: Also, Noxus and Rundus may look similiar in design, but they are not the same species. Rundus is a Phrygian (sp?) and Noxus is a Vhozon.

You can See Rundus' ship in Bryyo Fire, it's parked right above yours. It looks nothing like the ship at the end of Corruption.

Edit: I watched the videos and though there are some general similiarities, I wouldn't call them the same ship. Any speculation at this point is just that, speculation. There's not any real evidence as to the ship's identity.

Edit 2: Also, Noxus and Rundus may look similiar in design, but they are not the same species. Rundus is a Phrygian (sp?) and Noxus is a Vhozon.

Really? I had no idea they weren't the same species. I figured Retro had modeled Rundas after Noxus specifically after Hunters came out... hm.

In other words, blatant setup for whatever game comes next.

OH! Just remembered. More evidence that there will be another Metroid (like it's really necessary anyways, but...): Adam. The guy mentioned in Fusion as Samus' superior has yet to be revealed. Not to mention the... was it an eight year gap? I think it was eight years between Super and Fusion. Lots of time for sequels.

Really? I had no idea they weren't the same species. I figured Retro had modeled Rundas after Noxus specifically after Hunters came out... hm.

In other words, blatant setup for whatever game comes next.

OH! Just remembered. More evidence that there will be another Metroid (like it's really necessary anyways, but...): Adam. The guy mentioned in Fusion as Samus' superior has yet to be revealed. Not to mention the... was it an eight year gap? I think it was eight years between Super and Fusion. Lots of time for sequels.

Adam was her superior in the military, before she became a Hunter. After his death, his brain was uploaded into a computer, which was then loaded into Samus' new gunship, from Fusion.

What isn't revealed, is who Adam is talking with during that one cutscene, in Fusion. A shadowed figure who Adam seems to be taking orders from.

When you consider that Samus' Varia suit isn't entirely unique, because it can be stored as data and recalled on command(as seen through a couple cutscenes in Corruption, including at the very start of the game), and the amount of cloning research going on by Fusion(between the frozen Ridley clone, and all the Metroids), I would honestly expect that in whatever game follows Fusion, will wind up with the player playing the "evil" Samus, with the GF having created a clone of her, without any of the memories of the actions during Fusion.

When you consider that Samus' Varia suit isn't entirely unique, because it can be stored as data and recalled on command(as seen through a couple cutscenes in Corruption, including at the very start of the game), and the amount of cloning research going on by Fusion(between the frozen Ridley clone, and all the Metroids), I would honestly expect that in whatever game follows Fusion, will wind up with the player playing the "evil" Samus, with the GF having created a clone of her, without any of the memories of the actions during Fusion.

"Expect"? Sure, it'd be absolutely amazing, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it. Let's hope though =D

And someone mentioned in this thread that after Fusion, metroids are extinct, and planet SR-388 exploded. My memory is hazy, but I thought the planet didn't explode? I thought the research station crashed into it and exploded, setting it up for a sequel on SR-388. Also, there's no way to tell that metroids are extinct - they were supposedly extinct at the START of fusion, and look what happened there.

So, finally beat the game. After the third seed boss, the story, gameplay, and overall atmosphere kept getting much much worse, up until the final boss. [spoilerS] Dark Samus was so weird and over the top, it was just PERFECT for the ending of the Prime Series. It made me realize "this game isn't even trying to be serious, just enjoy it!", and I did. It really felt like everything before that was leading up to this - now the two most powerful entities in the galaxy (Dark Samus and Perma-Hyper Mode Samus) are dueling in the middle of a planet made of Phazon. No, it doesn't make an ounce of sense, but it's still awesome. Giant brain that does bizarre moves that leave itself vulnerable for no reason? Sure! Planet exploding? Why not! Samus magically got back to her ship in time, even though she's trapped in a room underground... ok. Let's throw an epic space battle in there too for good measure. And wormholes, you've gotta have those!

I was very dissapointed with the credits music though. Bloody awful compared to Prime 1 (and I can't even remember the credits for Echoes). Actually, I didn't particularly like Prime 3's soundtrack. Like Prime 1 and 2, it had a few great tunes that stood out... but in corruption they weren't as great, and there were fewer. This stuff is prime remixing material though. ...stupid puns, I need a thesaurus.

By the way, what was this groan-inducing piece of dialog at the end that you guys are talking about? It seemed each line was just as awkward as the last. Was it "The planet is going to explode"?

And about the Valhalla:

In the "last" room, there is a PDA - you read the code off of it, and enter it into a panel. This lets you view the final message of the Aurora unit before it was stolen.

NOW: this room ALSO contains a Pirate drop-pod thingy stuck in it. This pod contains a console, from which you obtain the "Pirate Code". What on earth does this code do? I obtained it before I let the GF attack, right after I got the Nova Beam I think (I was just so dang curious to see what was in that ship!). After you get this "code", the Aurora unit sends you a transmission - unfortunately I was interrupted (I tried to pause the game by pressing '1', but accidentally skipped the last part of the transmission!). Do you need the Pirate Code to complete the game, or get some kind of additional secret? Or is it merely pirate guidelines? I'm sorry, it was inevitable. But seriously, I'd like to know what it's for, if anyone knows =)

And, to anyone who's sequence breaking and trying to get all missile expansions without getting all the energy cells (yeah, nobody's actually gonna try that), here's something you can do: Go to the room in the Valhalla where you insert two energy cells to make a ramp go up (the one that's only 3 rooms away from your landing site). The sole purpose of this ramp is so you can get to the second floor of the room. But *gasp* you can get to this second floor WITHOUT activating the ramp, which means you can skip two energy cells and still get the missile expansion in the next room!! =O

Not that anyone cares, but here's how you do it: from the entrance, turn right, and in the corner there's a pile of rubble that goes between the first and second floor. You have to screw attack into the wall at a funny angle, and upon rebounding off the wall, you'll land right on that second floor. Missile expansion (and some funky scans) ahoy!

I also attempted sequence breaking in the room where the Aurora unit was stolen from. Instead of inserting the two energy cells, you can actually get on top of the ramps without the use of the elevator, and screw attack all the way to the door at the end! Unfortunately, the door is blocked off by an invisible wall specifically to prevent sequence breaking. Big waste of 20 minutes =p

By the way, what was this groan-inducing piece of dialog at the end that you guys are talking about? It seemed each line was just as awkward as the last. Was it "The planet is going to explode"?

I believe we were talking about the terrible voice during the credits. Really cheesy stuff. But the pre-credits stuff was pretty bad too.

And about the Valhalla:

In the "last" room, there is a PDA - you read the code off of it, and enter it into a panel. This lets you view the final message of the Aurora unit before it was stolen.

NOW: this room ALSO contains a Pirate drop-pod thingy stuck in it. This pod contains a console, from which you obtain the "Pirate Code". What on earth does this code do? I obtained it before I let the GF attack, right after I got the Nova Beam I think (I was just so dang curious to see what was in that ship!). After you get this "code", the Aurora unit sends you a transmission - unfortunately I was interrupted (I tried to pause the game by pressing '1', but accidentally skipped the last part of the transmission!). Do you need the Pirate Code to complete the game, or get some kind of additional secret? Or is it merely pirate guidelines? I'm sorry, it was inevitable. But seriously, I'd like to know what it's for, if anyone knows =)

Text: That code lets the Galactic Federation control the leviathan above the pirate homeworld. If you go up in there before getting the code, you can't do anything.

To answer the stuff in your spoilers....The groan inducing speech is during the credit scroll. A woman's voice comes in and says some stupid stuff.

Pay closer attention to some of the music. Pirate Homeworld, for example, had good super Metroid in it. Skytown was enjoyable. Item rooms actually had faint item room music in it. Title music is great. etc.

Pirate room drop thingies code is what you need to gain control of the leviathan. It is required for the last portion of the game.

You can actually sequence break in there like you were trying and skip needing those two fuel cells. There is a video out there on youtube I think already showing how. I believe you screw attack onto that platform, get the knockback animation and fall down into the pit, and it reappears you outside of the door you try to get to.

You can also skip another two fuel cells in the room with the ramps that need power with just a bomb space jump.

Both of these are useful because, like I said before, you need that pirate code to get control of the leviathan.

To answer the stuff in your spoilers....The groan inducing speech is during the credit scroll. A woman's voice comes in and says some stupid stuff.

Ah, [spoilers]I believe that's the Aurora Unit's voice (the unit that guides you through much of the game). I can't remember what it said, but yeah, that was kind of lame. The voice acting DOES sound like a computer though ;)

Also, completely unrelated: those transmissions in the ice place - I first thought they were from the Bryonnian that left all those lore messages. But yeah, Aurora trying to contact you makes a lot more sense.

Pay closer attention to some of the music. Pirate Homeworld, for example, had good super Metroid in it. Skytown was enjoyable. Item rooms actually had faint item room music in it. Title music is great. etc.

Noticed all that, yeah. Another case of "not quite as good as Prime 1 and 2" though =p

You can actually sequence break in there like you were trying and skip needing those two fuel cells. There is a video out there on youtube I think already showing how. I believe you screw attack onto that platform, get the knockback animation and fall down into the pit, and it reappears you outside of the door you try to get to.

Oh wow, I wonder how long it would've taken to figure that out!

Also, completely unrelated: those transmissions in the ice place - I first thought they were from the Bryonnian that left all those lore messages. But yeah, Aurora trying to contact you makes a lot more sense.

Text: That's what I thought at first too. I was way creeped out and I expected a boss to suddenly jump out at me from around every corner. XD

It was a great way to establish the mood and then make you feel like an idiot afterwards.

btw there might be more to gandrayda than we thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCAWbLVqhY&NR=1

They totally missed the joke concerning the "Wii Format" - ^H was what DOS wrote if you pushed the backspace key, so it's a joke similar to putting a strike through formatting on a text block.

So "Wii Format^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H" would be like someone typing in "Wii Format" then trying to backspace it out - an obscure nerd culture joke.

They totally missed the joke concerning the "Wii Format" - ^H was what DOS wrote if you pushed the backspace key, so it's a joke similar to putting a strike through formatting on a text block.

So "Wii Format^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H" would be like someone typing in "Wii Format" then trying to backspace it out - an obscure nerd culture joke.

Did you notice the BIOSv3.0 just before the Wii Format?

And how it was trying to delete the overrun part, just after the danger warning.

What did it say during the credits? I could barely hear it because the voice was so faint it was mostly drowned out by both the music and my air conditioner.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Pd-doby31M

At about 5:33, she says: With the death of the planet Phaaze, Samus Aran's arduous fight against phazon has ended. However, in the vast regions of space, this victory is just a twinkle of a star, spreading the light of hope through the darkness.

Cheese is what you get when you try to compress meaning into a few minutes. I didn't think it was that bad. For the most part I thought the dialog and delivery was excellent throughout the game. The parts that didn't quite hit the right beat were pretty mild. The ending narration was pulp, but the delivery was good. I really liked the voice actors who portrayed the Aurora Units and the other bounty hunters (particularly Rundus and Ghor. Gandraya was really good too especially when she got nasty)

Edit: My most hated cut scene was when I had to listen to that ugly woman explain the PED suit to me. I also think it's funny that, on the bridge of the Olympus, Admiral Dane reacts to the other flagship getting blasted before it actually gets blasted.

::sigh:: It makes me sad that this game has come, been played to death, and gone. I miss seeing this thread on the front page all the time. Ah well. I'm just posting a courtesy note to all of the people who exchanged Friend Vouchers with me that my internet is down and I'm going on vacation so I'll not be around online for a couple weeks at least.

Good Hunting