Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

DarkeSword

Someone earlier said the screw attack was insanely weak in this game. Well, I tried it out a little, and I was able to kill those warping fire warthog things and the electricution whip lizard things with one hit each. That has to count for something.

I killed the freaking Fargul Hatcher with it, which is otherwise invulnerable unless you shoot it in the mouth a bajillion times. I'd say the screw attack is fine. You just can't abuse it against enemies meant to give you a tough fight.

I killed the freaking Fargul Hatcher with it, which is otherwise invulnerable unless you shoot it in the mouth a bajillion times. I'd say the screw attack is fine. You just can't abuse it against enemies meant to give you a tough fight.

I haven't even gotten that far just yet. Been playing rather sporadically. Ah well, it's the weekend, time for massive catch up.

The screw attack is actually pretty good against the Metroid Hatcher. You can take out all the tentacles at once if you aim well. I didn't try against the Fargul Hatcher, but that's a good thing to note. That thing is irritating.

The world concept art is just about the coolest thing ever. I really need that stuff on my computer.

I just got to the 4th planet and hope there's still lots more to do with this game, since it has so much potential to just break out into a bunch of awesome exploration (but probably won't). This thread seems to be talking about a bunch of spoilerific details recently, so I just skipped the last pages. I remember someone wondering what people's favorite music is. Does the music get better than Skytown? I actually like the "omg metroids" music, too (that one chord is great). Definitely wish they didn't go the orchestrated route for the majority. People keep mentioning some ice place, but it seems to only last for two seconds. I hope there's more. Needs more. More. Really disappointed by the music, overall. Might be better if I implemented the facade of a hi-tech surround system over it. Maybe Darkesword (or someone) could make Skytown into a lonely guitar piece. Or nothing at all since it's already quite a bit in his style anyway.

For the controls, I changed every default, almost. Switch jump/shoot for obvious reasons, removed HUD lag, switched visor buttons since I use scan every two seconds, changed to advance sensitivity, kept free lock-on, though. I like the switched jump/shoot way better because you use what they call your "trigger-finger", and probably doesn't move the wiimote around as much.

So far most mysterious place is Valhalla. Makes me wonder about things. Need more of that feeling elsewhere. Maybe the game truly gets better as you keep playing, with Retro unleashing their full-force steps at a time.

• 4 weeks later...
HYPER BUMP

I have no idea if this has been posted yet but

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/?g=mp3&p=music

There's a rip of the soundtrack on that site.

Also, Rundas' song is awesome.

Boo, it requires you to sign up at fileplanet to download it apparently. Anyone see a commercial release of the soundtrack yet? Anyone know if there was even a commercial release for Prime 2's soundtrack?

Boo, it requires you to sign up at fileplanet to download it apparently. Anyone see a commercial release of the soundtrack yet? Anyone know if there was even a commercial release for Prime 2's soundtrack?

I've heard no news of an MP3 OST release (Kenji Yamamoto's recent interview makes it sound like it's possible, but not in the cards right now). MP2 didn't get one at all.

I'd REALLY like to see an MP2 OST with a Zero Mission second disc. :(

I've been playin through it again on hyper. Mogenar took like 30 minutes to kill. And got me down to my last energy tank a few times. Hyper mode is pretty necessary, but you cannot afford to let it go corrupted. Wasting entire energy tanks is a quick way to get yourself killed. The fricken bryyo turrets were annoying until I started ignoring the enemies and just working on the turret.

I need to get one last energy cell, but Prime is seriously frustrating the hell out of me. I are sick of teh backtracking.

Every Metroid game has you going through the areas over and over to get all the items. Surely you did not expect to not have to do this?

The Nova Beam was wicked awesome, but you didn't get to use it nearly as much as I'd have hoped.

Beat it today, finally, after being distracted by a few other games. I gather that little "retrospective" bit before the credits was the 75%+ ending? Also, the 100% ending, soo not worthwhile. Pretty lame, I'd say. The whole Phaaze bit was pretty nifty though. Kinda cool mechanic they decided to introduce. Also, last boss[es] were good fun too.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. Little help here.

I NEED FRIEND VOUCHERS

Friend of mine got the game too, but doesn't play it. I've got friend vouchers to burn, but a serious lack of players to trade em with. And I am a completionist. I want to see those diorama's!

PM me if you want to trade.

Thanx

I need to get one last energy cell, but Prime is seriously frustrating the hell out of me. I are sick of teh backtracking.

Sorry for the double post. But... This is like metroid for dummies. Pretty much no backtracking required besides some storybits that, for most of the time open up new parts in old places. Most upgrades can be found on the first item run, and there are virtually none of the beaten path. If you don't like the little bit of backtracking this game features, then why did you buy a metroid game in the first place?

Sorry if this sounds like criticism. I'm just curious. Because i played Prime 1 and 2 just before starting 3, corruption seemed like a very simple walk in the park (played it on hard)

And I just want to know. Is it me? Maybe because I played the other 2 right before it (both 100%) that i got used to the way they designed their game flow / secrets? To me Corruption felt like a liniair metroid game with one big item run after 2/3 of the game, on which you can get pretty much everything, and save for the odd simple room and corridor, it opens up no extra areas that aren't used in the main quest. Most items you get on the first run through an area.

Is it me? Are you just not used to metroid games? Am i missing something? (because my completions percentage says otherwise...sadly)