Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

DarkeSword

Did it ever show his ship? I don't remember seeing it.

Yes, it did. I remember right after Samus' ship left at light speed, another ship, which I think is the Ice dude's ship, came to the screen and then sped to light speed too. Whether if it fallowed Samus or not is up to us to imagine.

Yes, it did. I remember right after Samus' ship left at light speed, another ship, which I think is the Ice dude's ship, came to the screen and then sped to light speed too. Whether if it fallowed Samus or not is up to us to imagine.

He meant at any point during the regular course of the game, I think. And yes, they did it's at the second bryyo landing site.

I have a feeling the ship at the ending belongs to sylux from Hunters, as do all the idiots on youtube.

He meant at any point during the regular course of the game, I think. And yes, they did it's at the second bryyo landing site.

I have a feeling the ship at the ending belongs to sylux from Hunters, as do all the idiots on youtube.

Sylux? Why would he be in an Ice ship? It makes far more sense for it to be Noxus, since he already met Samus in Hunters (survived in the perfect ending) and would be out for revenge because she killed Rundas...

Here's one thing I'm curious about: how do people doing Prime speed runs handle the room loading waits? Do the doors load when the game's paused? Or do these guys devise strategies and paths to minimize door waitage?

Very frustrating at times.

Ha, especially when you have barely any energy, and that door to the save room won't open as Pirates are shooting at you ><

I couldn't tell what would make some doors take as long as they did. Small rooms could take a long time, large rooms are fast, opens more readily when I'm being shot at, other times it seems that the doors wouldn't open until I killed things.

Overall it wasn't a lot of waiting. But weird.

Do the doors load when the game's paused?

I wondered that, too...as I was being bombarded with stuff while trying to get a door to open. It was terrible.

You know those times when you just want to rush through a bunch of rooms without bothering to kill all the enemies? Not really anything you can do about it in MP3...except if you just shoot the door and then turn to fight off the enemies long enough to back through the door when it finally opens...

Just completed it at 97%, and I have a couple of complaints. Prim 3, at the end, is a lot worse than prime 1. It suffers from the opposit end of the spectrum from Echoes, and the rest of this post is gonna be spoilergarded, do not read unless you have finished the game.

First of all the satelite recon thing that revealed every item location: cheap. It allowed me to get to 97% without too much of a hassle.

Opposed to the echoes impossible 100% thing unless you spend an ungodly amount of time searching, its stupid.

Havent they heard of middle grounds?

Phaase, great idea. However being in "immortal allpowerful" mode made the final boss way too easy, I was expecting at least one phase of the boss without all power mode. Instead the end of the game is basically a cinematic sequence. Compare that to the emperor ing / dark samus battles, it was again a case for the middle ground.

Seriously, the game was too easy for itself.

Final evaluation:

The game as it is, is to easy. I should not have to unlock a mode to enjoy the game. In addition Even with a new start at a higher level, some elements will be accessible to remove some challenges from Metroid.

Graphics are good, music is great, sounds get annoying (second beam upgrade anyone?) But yeah there are good sides and bad sides. And the bad side for all this quality are the loading times.

Graphic: Great textures, nice visual effects, although we were used to the fogging up of the visor and all. Every creature has a nice skin, good animations, and some visual touches are great. 95% Points are subtracted due to the graphics being too much for the Wii.

Audio: The music is par with the rest of the series. Good enough to enjoy it, subtle enough to fade in the background. Sound effects are another thing. The Samus fanfare was getting on my nerves at the end. The second beam upgrade was grating. And the rest was identical to the gamecube games. 80% Good music can carry a score far, but even with perfect music, annoying sounds can ruin the audio experience.

Story: Nothing to say about it. Partially predictable, but mostly in the background of a good game. The few storyline events were a nice change of pace. Overall though, throwaway characters, artificial personalities, and quite frankly, the silent Samus got on my nerves. If you have cinematic sequences you can voice a character without ruining it. 90%

Gameplay: Solid controls, nothing to say about that. Hint system. There should be 3 settings: "Annoying, press 2 for hints, and nothing." Instead you had hints that made Megaman 4 5 and 6 seem unguided or nothing else.That was a bit of a flaw. 80%.

Overall, As I said before, a good solid experience, too easy for my taste, with an uneven pace, and uneven sound. The best parts clearly overshadow the worse, and frankly, I'm sad that this amazing game had some flaws that cannot be overlooked.

85% overall score.

Clearly the first true Wii game. I just hope crazy loading times, and uneven sounds are not gonna be the usual on Wii games.

Wouldn't one of the problems with load times on doors be because of the larger disc size than the gamecube? I imagine it would take a little longer for things on the outer edge of the disc to load up since it requires more rotations. I could be wrong, I'm no expert on compact discs and such, however, this might also explain small rooms taking long times to load if their data is farther away from the center.

This was the first game in quite awhile that I actually sat through and listened to the music, instead of playing something through winamp.

I don't think the graphics were "too much".. I just think they could have done more for preloading areas. When you enter a room, it should start loading stuff for each of the rooms around you, so that you don't have to wait more than 2 or 3 seconds for the next room to finish loading.

The game itself wasn't too easy.. it certainly had difficult moments. But the control method made it feel like it was far easier than it really was. In a way, it shows the actual power of the controls when they're near their peak.

And I wholly fucking agree with the hint system. Especially with audible hints that take forever to pass by, and no way to cancel the hint. Makes it horribly annoying when it comes to trying to scan, because it won't let you run the scan while the hint blurb is on the screen. And when you just want to quickly check out the map at the time, it forces you to sit through the whole damn map zooming thing.. Which is something else I think they should have made more instantaneous.

The Observatory item finding bit was alright for what it could do, but it leaves 2 areas untouched for scans, one of which can only actually be looked at by teleporting to it.

I think they could have made some of the item backtracking a little nicer.. I'd rather have more than 1 or 2 rooms opened up in a previous area, when I get a new upgrade. Super Metroid was good for that, because the upgrades could be used all over the place and actually helped you get along to other areas, instead of being tacked on..

Hyper grapple? Fucking WASTE of an upgrade, damnit. You use it.. what? 4 times, maximum, before ever hitting the last boss? Should have given us something useful.. super bombs would have been a fairly decent upgrade for hyper mode. Or even speedbooster.

One area in particular, makes me hesitate in even trying for a second run through the game, because of how many times you have to backtrack through it, and how utterly annoying they make it.

What's with all those damned drones on the ziplines in SkyTown? Without those, the level would be just fine. I hate having to redo a zipline attempt a dozen times, because I keep getting knocked off by one stupid automated drone. Shouldn't the AU have been able to disable that kind of automated defense BS?

So, yeah.. a few nags I have with the game. Well worth a purchase, but still annoying as hell in parts. A Boss Mode or Turbo Play type thing would make the game great.. unfortunately, I don't even see a lot of room for sequence breaking, due to how strict and how segmented they designed the game. I hope to be wrong, though.. I love watching crazy speedrun sequence breaking in the metroid games.

Graphics are top notch, controls are mostly spot-on(I had some severe trouble actually being able to lockon to some enemies, especially bosses, which made it difficult to deal with because you can't dash to the sides without an actual lockon), the audio is actually good enough to listen to, and the game itself, overall, is very fun.. but doesn't have any really memorable areas that stand out as being worth playing the game -just- to play.

Would it have hurt to just put something completely unrelated, into the game? Even as an endgame bonus or something? Something that otherwise wouldn't belong, just to have fun and play with the game engine some? Ah well..

Because I had to struggle with some of the design/execution flaws in the game, I have to knock it down some.. 89-92% overall. I think that if they dealt with the targeting issue and that one level, it would have been able to earn an easy 96%.

Just curious: how many of you played it through the first time on Veteran? I did. No, I'm not bragging; I'm complaining. Some of the bosses take forever. The game otherwise isn't too terribly difficult. I'm roughly 10 hours into it (feels like a lot more), and I have 56% complete. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love exploring, I hate the bosses.

Everyone knows I am a huge metroid fan, and I haven't had time to read the other posts, but I'm roughly ten hours into the game, but in the beginning, I was highly disappointed by the non-metroid feel of being in someone's alliance. Did anyone else get this weird feeling?

(By the way, I'm not knocking it, I absolutely love the game.)

Everyone knows I am a huge metroid fan, and I haven't had time to read the other posts, but I'm roughly ten hours into the game, but in the beginning, I was highly disappointed by the non-metroid feel of being in someone's alliance. Did anyone else get this weird feeling?

(By the way, I'm not knocking it, I absolutely love the game.)

I didn't wanna give my opinion on the game yet until I beat it, but I had the same feeling too.

yeah the game being story driven really takes the solitude away. i think it was missing alot of what made metroid so great. i also think the "elevator" level design was better than flying your ship around.

I agree.. I'd rather see the rest of the series focusing on single worlds.. it'd be different if each world were like its own game, but having your ship at only pre-determined points, linked to only pre-determined points, but being able to move between any of them, just made it feel like a hodgepodge of areas mixed in together, instead of a real environment, carefully crafted.

Also, there's only one point in the game where the ship is used, for any extent, as a "platform".. Why were the reviews praising it as one of the innovative ways you can use the ship? One place in one level, and everywhere else it may as well not be there.

Its funny how spoiled gamers are these days. It really is.

Note: Now just so you guys know, I'm not critizing your reviews or opinions. I don't have anything agianst them, I'm just going to give a little of my input on some of negative things I have been hearing about the game from varisous places.

Why is it that the things that people complain about in Corruption, are the things that where changed in the game because of the complaints in Echoes. First off difficulty. Corruption is too easy, Echoes is too hard. So many people complained that Echoes was too hard, so much so, that Retro made sure that was one of the things they addressed in Corruption. Now its too easy. I don't like the hint system.Second, exploration. Corruption is more fast paced, has overall smaller worlds, and traveling is made easier with your ship. In Echoes traveling takes way to long, too much back tracking, and the worlds are too big to walk in. It just doesn't make sense. Here is a great game developer that tries to listen to what their fans want and when they actually listen, the fans turn right around and complain about the things they wanted changed. What does it take to please people. This is just like what was going on with Twilight Princess. Great game but plays to damn similar to past Zelda games to the point people insist its a decent or bad game. Yet what did all the Zelda fanboys want from Nintendo: Ocarina of Time in modern graphics. That is what they got and it still wasn't good enough.

Note: Agian this isn't aimed at anyone. I have just been hearing a lot of nagavtive things from all over the place about Corruption and it turns out these negative things are the things that were changed from Echoes in an attempt to make the game more enjoyable. Sorry if this post offends some of you.