*NO* GoldenEye 007 'The Spy Who Fragged Me'

djpretzel

Yay! Thank you for linking to an HTML page instead of the file its self! Makes life a lot easier on us judges when we don't have to deal with remote linking problems.

As for the mix, those brass sections just make me want to puke. Especially when there's no instruments to back it up. Just because the sample's better than the N64 could do doesn't make it good! :lol: You'd be surprised what a little reverb could do to improve things here, though the best fix would be to go out and find a better sample.

But that's not my only complanint - the mixing's very repetitive, and very dry and uninteresting (my latin american history book holds my attention better!)

NO

As a user of "bad samples" for the longest time, I know that you can make good songs with bad samples. Its not how they sound, its how you USE them.

This song's lead trumpet isnt so bad. But it sounds bad because of HOW it was used. In the classic JB theme, the trumpets were used in harmonic chords; this trumpet's polyphony does not go beyond 1. Its not the same. Also DJ.. ... .. Fartz.. .. .. attempted some trumpet effects that just scared me shitless for a second. I was listenin to the song rather loud. all the sudden the trumpet becomes even louder. I was all WTF !@#.

So anyway, this song is unrelenting simplistic. More should be done with such a song that is vetran to like 30 JB films aswell as some (weak) games.

NO

-Pro