OverClocked ReMix Rock Opera Project- Need musicians!

DjSammyG

Well, I'm not spectacular on the bass, but I can always put in the offer. This sounds really awesome though, can't wait to see what it turns into.

Edit: It's a four string acoustic, but I know someone who plays five string electric. I'll see what I can do about getting him to contribute.

Wow, dPaladin, nice work. That is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, man. And yeah, horns and woodwinds are gonna be the hardest parts of this project, especially if we can't find people who play. They're not *essential*, but you know, it would add a lot. Beatdrop, can I count on you for sequenced strings, or is that not your bag?

I'm chiming in on this again, because I think I definitely wanna participate now that this thing is starting to develop. =P

As I said, It'd be great if you could put me down for guitars alongside Fishy, because you're probably going to want at least two guitar players to have some variation in the different guitar tones and for having variety in the soloing styles.

If necessary I could do some arranging as well, though you're probably going to want to restrict the arrangement job to as few people as possible so you get a consistent song.

If you want a sort of resume, I could send you my arrangement of Bloody Tears from Castlevania 2 through PM (I'm not posting it here because it's currently in the judging process)

Edit: Oh whoops, I didn't see you had already put me down there.. silly me, well if you want to hear some of my work eitherway, just say it =P

ok so me and sammyg are working on the story right now, and we thought it'd be good to get people's opinions on this...

we want to know if you all would like the story to be about OCR and references to it, or would you rather have it be original?

currently we have an idea set for a story, but as far as specifics goes, this will be the deciding factor in which direction it turns, so: thoughts?

I agree that an original story would probably go over better than one specific to the site. As much as I would love to see a super nerdy Rock Opera, it'd still be...super nerdy.

Read through the log, and I really like the ideas so far, but I wonder about the ending being so abrupt. Maybe he could ascend and become one of the wise men at the end?

ok so here's a general idea of the story:

a young boy is on a journey to paradise, however; to get there he must cross a vast landscape (kind to be decided). along the way he is drawn astray of his goal by a temptress. entering this paradise only comes by a certain manner, and she teaches him the wrong way to enter. so he arrives only to find himself rejected by a council from entering so he leaves defeated.

so our protagonist begins his long journey home.

on the first night of travel, he rests, and during this rest he dreams. he dreams of his older sister telling him he cannot give up. waking up he feels the strength of his sister's resolution and not wanting to disappoint her(for she was the inital reason for leaving for paradise).

with a new strength, our protagonist heads for paradise once again, but gets lost. in his wandering he stumbles upon a mirage/illusion...wherein he finds a wise sage. this sage teaches him the true way to gain access to paradise and the right way to get there.

off the hero goes to paradise, and reaches it that next evening. he gains acceptance through the first gates, but then encounters the council who denied him the first time. wishing to prove his worth he shows them everything he has (insert epic guitar here :D)

ending story resolution open for discussion. :D