OCR01610 - Chrono Trigger "Wind Scene Concert Paraphrase"

djpretzel

I think I caught bits and pieces of "To Zanarkand" in there. But it might just be the source material as I'm not familiar with it (never played Chrono Trigger, blasphemy I know.) It's a very peaceful piano solo. Very beautiful mix that I'd rank up there with kLuTz's "A World of Piano" mix.

レミェス? ...you mean レミックス?

Anyway... I really like piano solos, so I always like seeing more of them on here. This one's good, very relaxing (I'll be adding it to one of my playlists, I'm sure) and I think the comparisons with klutz's stuff is quite deserved.

I'd definitely like to hear more stuff from zohar in the future. Maybe some more ambitious piano solos as well. KF

Excellent piano peice. I'm very seldom moved or even interested in piano re-arrangements but this is a very pleasant exception. It doesn't hurt that I love the wind theme, but the style you remixed it in is refreshing and captivating.

This sounds extremely professional. I suppose the amazing samples helped in that respect, but the arrangement is so solid on its own that I can't say that the samples are a crutch.

Keep up the great work.

レミェス? ...you mean レミックス?

Anyway... I really like piano solos, so I always like seeing more of them on here. This one's good, very relaxing (I'll be adding it to one of my playlists, I'm sure) and I think the comparisons with klutz's stuff is quite deserved.

Well...no offense to kLuTz or his work, but I think comparing zohar to the stuff that Greg did 5 years ago downplays the genius of this arrangement.

Anyway, I too am ecstatic to see more Japanese arrangers getting on the site. Congratulations to zohar, and I definitely hope you submit your other material soon (your Chrono Cross arrangement is practically divine).

Well...no offense to kLuTz or his work, but I think comparing zohar to the stuff that Greg did 5 years ago downplays the genius of this arrangement.

Point taken. I didn't mean to downplay it at all.

Actually, it's リミックス.

Well, Google agrees with you. I stand corrected.

That link... doesn't appear to be working. KF

Actually, it's リミックス.

The funny thing is that the correct spelling has been on this website's banner for quite some time: オーバークロックドリミックス. :D

Great piano arrangement! I think it's the best I've seen on this site - excellent work indeed.

これを大好きでしたよ。ゾハーは上手ですね!

I'm glad to hear about the inclusion of UTF-8 into the site as well. It's excited getting a more international flavor in remixes!

Thanks Everyone!!

>>Dhsu

its URL is not available. Maybe, we can't access to each data directly...

This url is available. -> http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/fffa123jp/lst?.dir=/28ff/b214&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/

Some day, I want to re-record and upload to youtube. (I think this piece is more difficult than "corridors of time".)

Thanks Everyone!!

>>Dhsu

This url is available. -> http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/fffa123jp/lst?.dir=/28ff/b214&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/

Some day, I want to re-record and upload to youtube. (I think this piece is more difficult than "corridors of time".)

Yes. Do this.

Great piece btw. :nicework:

Well, I'm always positively biased for Chrono songs, but when a nice piano arrangement can make me smile, the composer has done their job. Amazing job, the dynamics were perfect and the time swings really made it beautiful. Harmonies were very good, and it takes a good pianist to write really good sounding harmonies the way you did in this. Ausome work man, I hope to hear more.

A very very wide arrangement. The kind of piece that reminds me that talented pianists just have all out different brains than the rest of us. I can't even fully wrap my mind around some of these chords and harmonies let alone even attempt to play them all SIMULTANEOUSLY with only TWO hands.

Yeah, the full presentation, on a scale from 1 to 'kick ass' gets a 'very kick ass'. Very very very impressive.

Thanks Everyone!!

>>Dhsu

Yahooo!! thank you for uploading the sheet music I am so happy, time to run to my piano....

• 1 year later...

Beautiful piano playing. When I first heard this, I actually listened to this song three times in a row because I was enjoying it so much. I love those big delicious jazz chords and all the little fills in between the melody line. This is a lovely interpretation of the song, with enough variation to keep things interesting while still keeping the tune recognizable.

I can visualize this being played in some kind of video game jazz nightclub. Almost an old movie feeling, where you'd see a black-and-white Chrono, Marle, and Lucca sitting around a table in a smoky room, sharing drinks after a long day of battling, while the piano player coaxes this melody out of the keys. The remix evokes a beautiful feeling of nostalgia that fits well with the game's 2D pixel style.

Isn't it amazing when a piece of music can call such an interesting visual into your mind? Fantastic work, I hope to hear more mixes from you in the future.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01610 - Chrono Trigger "Wind Scene Concert Paraphrase"