Wii not turning on

!Nekko!

Pretty much copy and pasted from the Wii thread in Comm.

It appears my Wii does not want to turn on. The power button light is red, so theres some power getting to my Wii, but when I hit the power button, nothing happens except a tiny, quiet clicking sound when I hold the power button down. The last thing I ever did was update the Wii and played Super Metroid and I turned off the system using the power button since I took out the batteries from the Wiimote for the Wavebird. My RE4 disk is in there too :-x. I didn't mod it, but it is a launch Wii, which probably is what the problem stems from.

So anyway. Does anyone know anything I can try or any sites to help me out? Nintendo had a page relating to power issues, but it didn't give me much help. Thanks.

I probably shouldn't have answered, but to keep you from hanging without any feedback, it may be b/c of the system being a "launch wii". Where'd you get that from? I'm sure that if that is the case, the launched Wiis were made with limits and worse processing performance.

Dang, don't know what to do for ya'm so far, mang. Lo siento.

I probably shouldn't have answered, but to keep you from hanging without any feedback, it may be b/c of the system being a "launch wii". Where'd you get that from? I'm sure that if that is the case, the launched Wiis were made with limits and worse processing performance.

Dang, don't know what to do for ya'm so far, mang. Lo siento.

What are you basing that on? Outside of firmware and a few anti-piracy design modifications on the PCB there's no difference between a launch Wii and one you'd buy today. Same CPU, GPU and everything.

Somewhat more on topic: Does the eject button on the system work? How long was the system turned off for? What happens if you remove the powersupply for a minute, press the power button, then hook it up again?

Somewhat more on topic: Does the eject button on the system work? How long was the system turned off for? What happens if you remove the powersupply for a minute, press the power button, then hook it up again?

Eject button does the clicking thing like the power button and nothing comes out. The system was off for a few days before I noticed it wasn't working. I just hit the power button and realized the system wouldn't turn on. I'm at my parents for the weekend, so I can't try the third thing out. Do you mean holding the power button while plugging the power supply back in or just press the power and then plug in the power supply?

Unplugging it and replugging it hasn't done anything. I left it unplug for the good part of a day and replugged it back it and it still doesn't work.

I got a repair order and Nintendo is sending me a Pre-Paid shipping label in the next day or two, so I'll find out what happens after that. They better send me back Resident Evil 4, too, the fuckers. I've also heard they've sent in a free game back with systems, but I'm not getting my hopes up.