OCR00811 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'A World of Piano'

djpretzel

OH BOY. Another klutz piano.

There should be a direct link from his songs to the arrangement folder on OC aswell as someone to stand watch and instantly post/writeup his songs as they are submitted. etc...

Anyway, This is going in the FF Piano Collections folder regardless of no affiliation with FFPC.

oh, and a YES will go along with it.

One gripe I had was that the original FF7 overworld theme was much longer than this, there is a whole section that is missing. Also it seemed that the song basically repeated instead of attempting something else with the melody. oh well, Im spoilt.

-Pro

Wow this sounds exactly like the town life in piano mix we just had... arpeggiated accompaniament... simple chord progression, very little variety. But flawless execution and nice dynamics. I feel like I've said this before....

And there's something fishy about the flawless performance... I can't put my finger on it. It's definitely a synth, which is fine, but there's something artificial about the playing, and I think it's the breaks, and the jumps, which the more I think about, sound really ... doctored, or impossible. I could be way off here, but anyway...

Ok, I hate to be the pessimist or the cynic or whatever I am, but I really don't feel this has much to offer, besides being piano based. The playing really isn't THAT impressive, but I may be a bit biased being at a music school with a focus on composition and piano performance, and being constantly blown away by the other students who seem to actually like playing the piano, and then by the jazz pianists whose ability to improvise and vary seems unending. But all in all, I feel the piano work here is very cliché and sounds like something I'd do just messing around on the keys, only to close the piano lid, say "blah," and walk away as my dad says "that was nice, Daniel, what was that?" because they're much more easily impressed...

But anyway, I don't feel this is spectacular, and the part I guess that bugs me the most about it is the similarity to the arrangement that was just submitted by this guy just a week or so ago, just in arrangement style and technique. Kind of bored me. Spice it up, buddy. Kick it up a notch. BAM!

Anyway, that's my reasoning, and I'm stickin' to it.

NO

DC