The MAGFest 6 Topic (omgz)

Geoffrey Taucer

So this is starting to look awesome. Specially if I can get my hands on a cowbell. Gotta have more cowbell. It'll be like a four whistle FF prelude session and it'll sound all nice and then I'll be all *TONK* *TONK* *TONK* *TONK*

yeah.

It's the Million Men Mix all over again.

it'd be sweet if we all sang a song and recorded it and it was a remix almost. but it wasn't, because we're all terrible musicians at this site.

I've talked to Dave and them a coupla times about doing some sort of "concert" recording: if someone could get the logistics sorted out, then after enough rehearsal, folks perform a brand-new, "live" remix, crowd noise and all. That is, if Neskvartetten, PlanetSkill, the OneUps, etc. don't do something like that before then.

Should I get on tha mic?

I've talked to Dave and them a coupla times about doing some sort of "concert" recording: if someone could get the logistics sorted out, then after enough rehearsal, folks perform a brand-new, "live" remix, crowd noise and all. That is, if Neskvartetten, PlanetSkill, the OneUps, etc. don't do something like that before then.

YES! Bring any instrument you can play. I am doing quartet arrangements of songs for performance and maybe recording, and if we can get some instruments, I can write some other arrangements, OneUps style.
Should I get on tha mic?

Hell yeah, boiiiii.

Should I get on tha mic?

why do you ask?

no, seriously, if we want to do some sort of vocal remix of a song that we all know, it'd be easy enough - the only person who'd really have to practice at all would be the person singing. it'd be easy enough to just have a band in the background playing...everyone knows you don't have to be good to play backups lol.

if we wanted to do a vocal quartet thing, that'll take a lot more time.

Should I get on tha mic?

If this happens, I'll find a way to bring my sax, no doubt.

...I want to be included too :3

I'm a prydef for an appearance as long as work gives me the time off that I requested...

Also, of note, FAGFest will be the weekend prior to MAGFest...

We're kind of gonna do the new years party on new years eve and then the following day or so all carpool down to MAGFest together so if anybody feels like having a week long party of awesomeness, you're welcome to attend both the FAG and the MAG.

Also, I'm gonna do what I did the past two years at MAG and just mooch room space off of somebody, will YOU be lucky enough to get me in your bedroom? *giggle*

Should I get on tha mic?

I had always hoped OCRemixers were performers in addition to musicians.

I had always hoped OCRemixers were performers in addition to musicians.

This would actually be my first time. Ever.

Blame Shael Riley for putting the bug in my ear about performing,

but I thought to myself, have enough rhymes prepared, and it might

be fun to do something like that, because I can't hope to impress

anyone with extremely limited keyboard skills.

Put it this way: gimme definite word on what game(s) a tune would

be performed from, promise it will be real funky, please make sure

this event occurs anytime EXCEPT Saturday, and I'll be on it like

a hornet.

i'm totally up for it if you wind up needing a ride.

Even if I could manage to get the time off and the money, you'd have to travel a good hour north of where your profile says you are now to pick me up though, as I'm between Rochester and Buffalo.

Then it'd just a be a good 8 hour car ride of awkward silences and saying "Uh....yeah." a good couple dozen times because we have no idea who the other person really is. =P

Even if I could manage to get the time off and the money, you'd have to travel a good hour north of where your profile says you are now to pick me up though, as I'm between Rochester and Buffalo.

Then it'd just a be a good 8 hour car ride of awkward silences and saying "Uh....yeah." a good couple dozen times because we have no idea who the other person really is. =P

Nah... It'd just be awkward until Central Pennsylvania, when you get to my place... Then it'd be doubly awkward, for an hour or so until we picked up q-pa. Then it would be... 2.75 hours down I think. And to be honest, 1 hour out of the way isn't too bad... For the DC Meetup for the VGL concert, I turned a 3.5 hour trip into a... 7.25 hour trip... Granted, I picked up Kroze and bustatunez, and stopped by the hospital to see pixie and zircon. But whatever.

ipods/mp3 players. lol.

that said, since i'm in buffalo right now, and i'd be going in that direction kinda, it wouldn't be that bad. really. i don't bite.

and we'd be going with escariot and qpa also anyways.

It will be a little cramped in my car, and I believe Proph already called shotgun

That's illegal!

4) Early calls are strictly prohibited. All occupants of the vehicle (including the driver) must be outside of the building and directly on the way to the vehicle before shotgun may be called. Under no circumstances may a person call shotgun inside a building. For sake of simplicity, a garage is considered to be outside. Parking structures and detached garages are always considered as being outdoors, even if they are underground.

Where are you? like Batavia?

There's actually going to be a fairly sizable amount of Buffalonians attending teh magfest.