The MAGFest 6 Topic (omgz)

Geoffrey Taucer

Hmm. I'm only 3 and 1/2 hours from Arlington. I am GOING to get to this one day. I just don't know if it'll be this year. Cuz I got's cero pesos. I don't know why I didn't come in '04, Williamsburg is 45 minutes from my house. Still, they're all in Virginia, so It's not incredibly expensive for me to get ot at any rate.

Hey guys. What's the room situation look like up there? Is it pretty much locked down at this point? I think I'm gonna try to make it, I just need to sort some things out.

Like I said, if you just show up with no plan, there's a 99% chance that somebody will be willing to offer you a room if you'll pay a cut of the cost. Of course it's better to work out plans beforehand, but I wouldn't worry if you don't.

As for things being locked down, don't worry; with 3 months to go until the con, things are probably still pretty flexible with most people.

MAGFest ends Saturday night??? The hell it does!

That shit ends when you let it end.

I remember spending Monday afternoon walking around a shitty dirt mall, browsing a candy store and going mini golfing with Dale North and Diggi Dis among others.

I remember spending Sunday night helping clean up the con area and running stuff back to Brendan's and listening to Triforce talk about Zelda for hours...

Then spending early monday morning at an airport dropping off the Wave Theory crew.

sometimes, the people who duck out early Sunday are missing some fun shit. I always plan to make sure I don't work Monday, because you NEVER know when you're gonna feel like spending just one more day with some of the best people on the goddamned planet.

Odds of me on the east coast again Joe are pretty slim. I never want to make that drive again (especially alone), and I generally hate flying. Plus if I did go to Mag I'd probably go, "Games...meh. Booze...meh. Girls...[shrug]. JoeCam...[boner]" and that would really be it. It's so big now anyway no one would know who the Flik is and why he's so damn awesome :(

FAGFest started about 4 years ago. It was just after a MAGFest party and I was kicking around the idea of hosting a New Year's Party with a ton of my friends just coming to hang out and have fun. Play games, get drunk, chill.

The name originated from Shael Riley by saying "I'm totally down for a fagfest at Joe Cam's" and it stuck. We decided it stood for Friends and Gamers Festival.

It was a great success and we eventually had one a few months later in March for St. Patty's Day and my birthday, dubbed St. FAGgy's Day. May say FAGmorial Day. July say F4GFest: Independence Gay. October later saw FAGFest: Halloweenis.

Then we went back around and continued with FAGFest II for the following New Years. Parties have been held steadily since with only two parties not happening. FAGmorial Day II was scrapped due to the OneUps Live concert in Arkansas. FAGFest III New Years Party was not held due to MAGFest being too close to New Years and most people couldn't attend both parties.

The next FAGFest party is going to be FAGFest: Halloweenis III (October 26-28th) which has become the only main party to not be held in PA. Last year's and this year's Halloweenis are taking/took place in New Jersey, where my good friend Pappy lives.

We always love to have new visitors at the parties and you never know when somebody (internet) famous is going to show up. We've had Ailsean appear twice, Mazedude dropped by, X-Strike Studios members Tim, Juese and Rory frequent often, X-Striker Steve Smith has appeared a number of times, PBC member Chad Williams is a regular and PBC member/Captain Motherfucking S has dropped by as well.

Not to mention the fact that Shael Riley is one of the most frequent visitors and his brother tags along often as well.

Oh yeah, and virt was at last year's Halloweenis and is trying to make this year's as well.

Other well known (of sorts) visitors have included Geoffrey Taucer, D-Rux, Moguta, Rez, DJ Potatoe, pixietricks, Shonen Samurai and Zeiram among others.

FAGFest isn't for everybody, but most people love it. And seriously, if you HAVEN'T been to a FAGFest party at least once, you don't know what you're missing.

Oh yeah...and the Iron Editor...

This is the preview video for Iron Editor V set to take place in October.

This is the link to find the rest of the Iron Editor Videos that are presently online:

http://www.youtube.com/DJReznorX

So yeah... That's the history of FAGFest and what not.

Any other questions? :D