The MAGFest 6 Topic (omgz)

Geoffrey Taucer

FAGFest details

While I appreciate the blanket invite, being a carless college student makes intercity travel just a teensie bit difficult.

Also...

it's not HOW to remix, it's how OTHERS remix.

I do and don't agree. Yes, no two people will remix exactly the same way (though that's true for pretty much anything). But at the same time I think very specific advice could be available for n00bs, since odds are very high that there'll be someone knowledgeable about the program they want to use.

Image Line

Propellerhead

TASCAM

Cakewalk

Quantum Leap/Eastwest

Native Instruments

M-Audio/Digidesign

Steinberg

Spectrasonics

Apple

Ableton

KVR

I'd imagine just about anyone who's submitted a mix here used something from at least one of those providers (KVR being the freeware repository). I think starting things off with quick presentations (demonstrations?) by (OMG!!) DJP and other renowned remixers would be good, but then people could come up to them individually for more specific questions. That's something I'd envision as being pretty cool, at any rate.

Other well known (of sorts) visitors have included Geoffrey Taucer, D-Rux, Moguta, Rez, DJ Potatoe, pixietricks, Shonen Samurai and Zeiram among others.

FAGFest isn't for everybody, but most people love it. And seriously, if you HAVEN'T been to a FAGFest party at least once, you don't know what you're missing.

Yeah... I went after the DC VGL meetup where nobody showed up, so we had a few drinks, played with fireworks, watched a shitty movie that I don't remember anything from, then watched Joecam play RE4 or something... Oh! And Tauce passed out on Hoecam... I have a picture...

I'd imagine just about anyone who's submitted a mix here used something from at least one of those providers (KVR being the freeware repository). I think starting things off with quick presentations (demonstrations?) by (OMG!!) DJP and other renowned remixers would be good, but then people could come up to them individually for more specific questions. That's something I'd envision as being pretty cool, at any rate.

Agreed, but we can't really decide what the super-awesome remixers should do with their time at magfest :(

anyway, workshop would be cool.

/me huggles ToN

I'm into older guys now...

XD

You're such a man whore Anso. Don't worry, i still <3 you anyway.

IF there still really are people around the 6th in the afternoon/evening or even during the 7th, i'd delay my flight time. But i'd need to know if it's really worth it for me (lawlz sum random n00b chix). Still gotta find a way to go back to the airport once everything's done.

BTW Tauce, you can take me off the ride list. I'm gonna take the plane instead after all. Maybe one of these days i'll get to loldrive all the way to MAGFest, but not this year.

You're such a man whore Anso. Don't worry, i still <3 you anyway.

IF there still really are people around the 6th in the afternoon/evening or even during the 7th, i'd delay my flight time. But i'd need to know if it's really worth it for me (lawlz sum random n00b chix). Still gotta find a way to go back to the airport once everything's done.

BTW Tauce, you can take me off the ride list. I'm gonna take the plane instead after all. Maybe one of these days i'll get to loldrive all the way to MAGFest, but not this year.

It's okay to be a man whore! I wonder if I can keep up the charade irl though..

is magfest over in the evenin' the 6th? I'm taking the flight back at the 7th if that's the case. We'll probably have lunch or something it seems. And we want vilecat there ofc.

EDIT: what airport do you need a ride to?

My flight leaves Seattle in the wee morning and I arrive in DCA at 5:55 on thursday. I miss most of the first day but apparently they're still sort of setting up. I think I'm just gonna use the rest of my day that day to go sight seeing. We should get a group together for sight seeing for those who haven't been to D.C.

Oh, and I get to switch planes in New York. I've never been in either of these places before. Exciting.

My flight leaves Seattle in the wee morning and I arrive in DCA at 5:55 on thursday. I miss most of the first day but apparently they're still sort of setting up. I think I'm just gonna use the rest of my day that day to go sight seeing. We should get a group together for sight seeing for those who haven't been to D.C.

Oh, and I get to switch planes in New York. I've never been in either of these places before. Exciting.

I don't think I'm going to go sightseeing. I've never been to D.C. but it'll always be there. MAGFest won't...

My flight leaves Seattle in the wee morning and I arrive in DCA at 5:55 on thursday.

Which flight are you taking? I haven't gotten my airline tickets yet. Hunting for a deal :E

I need to go to DCA though 'cause of the shuttle. Good to see some more Seattle representation this time around :D though there's gonna be TONS of Shizzies there from Seattle probably.

Btw, I'm considering attending quite seriously now. I have nothing to do this year, I won't be short on money, my parents said earlier they don't care if I want to go travelling in my gap year (this is close enough), and I always feel bad about missing out on this shit, so is there room for a little one anywhere?

FISHY! :D MAGFEST! :D WOO! :D

also, AeroZ desperately needs a room, so I guess he'll room with ToN. Though, I can't decide for him :)