The MAGFest 6 Topic (omgz)

Geoffrey Taucer

Jimmy, I understand that, but like I said to Dyne, it's down to Jan 1-4, or not at all.

The downside of getting a new hotel is that you can't negotiate prices too well. Also, being with the same hotel a couple times allows the negotiation of "hidden" fees such as parking, so people that had the room reserved in their names doesn't get smacked with a parking fee, especially when most everyone else that was in the room had already left.

The downside of getting a new hotel is that you can't negotiate prices too well. Also, being with the same hotel a couple times allows the negotiation of "hidden" fees such as parking

Stuff like that can be a bitch, I'm sure, but to me it doesn't sound like enough of a reason to stay with the same hotel. I think that if this hotel can't work out a date that's reasonably convenient for the majority of people who would like to attend, then we should switch hotels. That's why we plan it now... so we have enough time to do so.

For that matter, I don't know why we have it in places like the Hilton. I think people wouldn't mind staying in a two or three star hotel if they understood the money they'd have to spend otherwise.

Stuff like that can be a bitch, I'm sure, but to me it doesn't sound like enough of a reason to stay with the same hotel. I think that if this hotel can't work out a date that's reasonably convenient for the majority of people who would like to attend, then we should switch hotels. That's why we plan it now... so we have enough time to do so.

For that matter, I don't know why we have it in places like the Hilton. I think people wouldn't mind staying in a two or three star hotel if they understood the money they'd have to spend otherwise.

Find a two- or three-star hotel with the same square footage and rooming capabilities, then talk to Brendan. The problem is that those don't exist. two- and three-star hotels historically don't have ballrooms where we can set up our console room.