PRC102: Certainly Not a Phoenix from the Flame (Firehawk)

Rexy

The mixing stage is over. And now it's time to vote. Here's what you need to do.

- Visit the link in the PRC rules and arrange the three entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning to back it up.

- Click 'submit vote' and follow this tip: never clean up after yourself the minute you wake up as it would make you grumpy and clumsy at the same time.

You have until Tuesday, September 11th at 4:59AM EST to cast your vote. The winner will choose the source tune for PRC103!

Alex Smith - The Mission with Deadly Consequences

Hylian Lemon - Deadly Disco in the Dark

TheoConfidor - Thexter's Crusade

The People's Remix Competition 102

PRCv4-24

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! PRC101's Paper Mario based round seemed to be sparser than Forever Forest itself, though that didn't stop Chickenwarlord from creeping in (pun intended) and taking his first PRC win.

So how do you think he could make a mark with his choice for PRC102? Here he's gone for a Sierra classic title, though sadly it's not in the same vein as Quest for Glory or Leisure Suit Larry. I hope you still find interest with it though.

prc102.jpg

I promised a while ago that if I ever won PRC, that I'd choose only obscure source tunes. With this one, I plan to keep that promise. It's been 7 PRCs without a computer source tune. So here it is: the extremely catchy 3rd mission music from Fire Hawk (Thexder 2). This source is packed very full of themes, so remixers should have no problem picking out one or two of their favorite parts and expanding.

Fire Hawk - Thexter: The Second Contact - Mission 3

MIDI | MP3

I really gotta apologise for the late start, fokes. Turns out that my afternoon schedule left little time to get the PRC started, though I swear that this would never happen again.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. ThaSauce's server allows for MP3 files at 6MB. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted at the Compo ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH at 4:59am Eastern US Time. Alternatively, you can also email your submissions over to submission@doulifee.com, though it would also help if you put forward a reminder in the thread.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. The winner of the previous contest may not enter an eligible mix, but his/her vote will count double.
  7. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

The mixing stage is over. And now it's time to vote. Here's what you need to do.

- Visit the link in the PRC rules and arrange the three entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning to back it up.

- Click 'submit vote' and follow this tip: never clean up after yourself the minute you wake up as it would make you grumpy and clumsy at the same time.

You have until Tuesday, September 11th at 4:59AM EST to cast your vote. The winner will choose the source tune for PRC103!

Alex Smith - The Mission with Deadly Consequences

Hylian Lemon - Deadly Disco in the Dark

TheoConfidor - Thexter's Crusade