OCR01611 - Super Mario 64 "Devastation's Doorway"

djpretzel

YES! Thank you! 5 years I've been searching for a descent Road to Bowser mix! The original was kick ass, what took so long? Finally, a piece of work that does justice to the original. I loved Monstrous Turtles, I'm gonna love this one just as much.

The pause at 2:30 couldn't have been done better IMO.

Brilliant. I've got my eye on you mate. Cheers.

I've gotta say that I haven't often heard a timapani line that I liked. I think that was timpani in your intro... at any rate I enjoyed the drums all the way through this piece. The pitch bending was excellent too, you had just the right mix of bend with the melody to add to the music without overdoing it. All in all, I really enjoyed Devestation's Doorway.

I enjoy the source tune a lot (Bowser's Road, or whatever you'd care to call it.) I wasn't particularly taken by this mix much though, since much of the original harmony I loved in the track was taken out to make room for the hollywood-cliche modal figures. Hey, you can't please everyone! However it is very sonically impressive, swish production aesthetics and the like, and well made overall; I can see why it made the cut.

I love the Conspiracy Pad for Sytrus ^^, sexy song Audix :D, maybe when I actually get good we can do a collab sometime.

Thanks for the comments everyone; got a couple more in the works, one I'll be submitting probably within the next day or so (the Ocean Palace one).

:P

Thanks for listening. :)

Sorry for the double post just wanted to say....ZOMG OCEAN PALACE!! I love Ocean Palace :D

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys.

Just ran across this random Galaxy AMV (pretty well done) which reminded me of this track.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/amv-super-mario-galaxy/3165824851

Conspiracy much?

Yep, this sounds like the whole thing was done in FL Studio's Sytrus. Lacking instrument choice, but the notes and the actual remix is 10/10.

Eh, aside from the opening pad I don't think it's that noticeable. :P

• 1 year later...

Good stuff, really classy synthage mixed in with some piano and marcato strings- pretty classic combination, and it's cool to hear Audix hit the OCR ground running with such a killer mix. Great pitchbends and filters.

The only real detriment is that the percussion is pretty passive for most of the mix. I'd love to hear a more involved beat with some powerful fills. There are a few that work pretty well, and there is a lot going on to distract from the basic beats, so I guess it's not a complete issue.

Great mix.

• 1 year later...

Ah yes! The Final Road......the best ReMix for this would need a great intro build up, grand instrumentation, breakdown that has Koopa's theme in a dark chord and an epic finish in it complete with bells and thunder............oh, I'll be damned, this has all of it! Seriously, this is awesome, very fitting for one of the last tracks.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01611 - Super Mario 64 "Devastation's Doorway"