OCR00805 - Chrono Trigger & Xenogears "Downwind"

Ginnsu

Chrono Trigger & Xenogears 'Downwind'

This piece of music is amazing. Far different from any of the music I remember, yet still a good interpretation of the music and the games. It is also at about the perfect length, I would say. Long enough that its not over before you started to enjoy it, and short enough that it doesn't bore you. Although, it's possible to make a song longer and still not bore you, but that's another matter. Excellent work, Ziwtra.

I have to agree on the perfect length opinion.. I also like the change of pace at around 0:57. The transition from the first part to the second flowed nicely. Although this remix isn't exactly emotionally compelling, it's really good background music that makes for an enjoyable listen.

Yeah, this is without a doubt probably one of the best OC Remixes I've ever listened to. Good job Ziwtra. Only others that are about as good as it are Monkey Brain Soup For The Soul and SpekkioBeachParty.

And I disagree with the pure gold comment. It's 100% diamond :D

Well, I heard "turntable" so I listened. And I was impressed. It's well-paced, with a hard-hitting synth accompanying it during the first part. And, as djp says, the turntable effect IS well used. When I heard this song play through the first time, I wondered "How would a turntable fit into this?" So kudos to you for doing that nicely. A must-download.

EDIT: ziwtra, I think they did it like that for categorization purposes. They didn't screw up, it's just hard to archive a song that mixes from two games. There's no "C & X" section in the site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow... I've never played Xenogears, but the first part of the song was pretty insubstantial anyway. But...

The second part is one of, if not THE best OC Remix I've ever heard. It captures that CT feeling so well... you can just picutre Crono and Lucca and Marle and the rest of the assorted cast rising up against the forces of evil with a "bring it on" attitude outwardly but doubting themselves inwardly only to triumph in the end... it embodies what I love so much about CT, its definitely the best anything from CT (although Magus Decay of Hope is not far behind).

Zwitra, you need to do more of this... I dont care how much you've done, you need to do more!

• 5 months later...
Wow... I've never played Xenogears, but the first part of the song was pretty insubstantial anyway. But...

The second part is one of, if not THE best OC Remix I've ever heard. It captures that CT feeling so well... you can just picutre Crono and Lucca and Marle and the rest of the assorted cast rising up against the forces of evil with a "bring it on" attitude outwardly but doubting themselves inwardly only to triumph in the end... it embodies what I love so much about CT, its definitely the best anything from CT (although Magus Decay of Hope is not far behind).

Zwitra, you need to do more of this... I dont care how much you've done, you need to do more!

wow, dude, you seriously need to be destroyed for such ignorance. the first part of the song was the chrono trigger part, from 600 A.D. the second part of the song was the xenogears part, from floating city shevat. therefore, the second part couldn't possibly catch even a nearly nonexistent fraction of "that CT feeling" since it is not even from the same game.

sorry, ziwtra, don't mean to clog up your song review like that, but i felt it had to be said.

anyways, this mix is just unstoppable. it does both the original songs' justice and has been on many of my compilation cds since it first appeared on OCR. your mixing skills are definitely formidable.

-rob

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

That was great! The sounds in the background blended in perfectly with the melody. The effects were off the hook. I can tell you tried to put a lot of detail into it and it rocked. Also, awesome job putting the two songs together. The timing was perfect. Two thumbs up. :mrgreen:

wow, dude, you seriously need to be destroyed for such ignorance. the first part of the song was the chrono trigger part, from 600 A.D. the second part of the song was the xenogears part, from floating city shevat. therefore, the second part couldn't possibly catch even a nearly nonexistent fraction of "that CT feeling" since it is not even from the same game.

sorry, ziwtra, don't mean to clog up your song review like that, but i felt it had to be said.

anyways, this mix is just unstoppable. it does both the original songs' justice and has been on many of my compilation cds since it first appeared on OCR. your mixing skills are definitely formidable.

-rob

Hahah, you are incorrect. What I actually mean is the part after the whole windy pads and bells and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SEROV wrote:

Rellik wrote:

-rob

Hahah, you are incorrect. What I actually mean is the part after the whole windy pads and bells and stuff.

Ok, there is a hint of Zeal's Theme found in the theme to shevat, and it is boiled down to that portion at 3:54, but Zeal's theme never had the double notes, which is how you can tell it's from xenogears. The Chrono Tigger song begins at :54 and ends at 2:24, It is the overland theme to 1000 AD. now, stop your blathering idiocy, He who nows all about Squaresoft games and the CT series in particular has shown you the way.

Now, The remix is excellent. I love that someone finally linked the Xenogears saga and the Chrono Trigger saga. I would love it if someone took songs from all the games and fused them into a massive megaremix. I'm sure that you could find a site to post it on, and if someone does, Please, show me the site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00805 - Chrono Trigger & Xenogears "Downwind"