OCR00805 - Chrono Trigger & Xenogears "Downwind"

Ginnsu

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another awesome/moody intro from Ziwtra. Youngjin is already showing that really knows how to create vibe in his mixes. When this bad boy kicks in, the glittery DnB drums are percolating with the glitchy stuttery synths. Very nice. I love the juxtaposition of the fast frantic rhythm section with the slower movie piano melody; it creates a wonderfully dense and majestic feel. The breakdown was also nice by giving us a little break from the crazy rhythm section, but Mr. Hahn slowly builds the intensity back up. I love the lead synth as it builds. It pierces the mix, but its not intrusive on my ears. Great sound. Good work!

• 3 months later...

Really nice-sounding intro. When it gets going, the beats are great, but the 600AD theme on the piano kind of weighs it down. It feels like it was forced to the track. The later half works much better, and when the 600AD theme returns on the lighter synth, it, too works. Overall, not a keeper for me because of the piano issue, but lots of previous reviewers seem to have enjoyed this a lot, so definitely give it a listen!

--Eino

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00805 - Chrono Trigger & Xenogears "Downwind"