ORCL - The OCR Chess League is Back! --- September/October Tournament

kamoh

1-0 against darklordgm and 2-0 vs culturekoi - good games.

I dont know if darklord wants to count the 2nd game as he had to leave with 48 secs on the clock. Whatever he says, i dont mind replaying the 2nd game.

Edit: won the 2nd game vs keegan - very tight game, he was squeezing me as white midgame and i squeezed right back. Somehow he missed a win and im still tryin to figure out how. Lucky. (his bishop on d6 was scary!)

mmmm...Metzy,can we extend the final bracket to include two more active players to encourage em? It'll make it more competitve.

We could then have a final elimination tourney with 8 players which could be easier. [ random double knockout?] - just a thought. Arghh, need sleep was awake whole night zzzzzzz #@!#@#$!

- @JD 2900 calories today xD [burp!]

mmmm...Metzy,can we extend the final bracket to include two more active players to encourage em? It'll make it more competitve.

We could then have a final elimination tourney with 8 players which could be easier. [ random double knockout?] - just a thought. Arghh, need sleep was awake whole night zzzzzzz #@!#@#$!

- @JD 2900 calories today xD [burp!]

Well the problem is that there are only about 10 players that are active, so just having six players in the second stage is quite a bit. I'm actually more considering scaling back stage 2 so that it goes a little faster (based on a rule change that takes into account total games played).

ok... one win against Kamoh, which actually had to be my defeat.

Kamoh improved tremendously since last time we played, and I really enjoyed the game, though I was losing.

He was a few moves from mate when I tried to sac my queen in despair and it worked (Kamoh got overconfident).

I am not proud of this game but I am posting it here for you to look through it

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: metzgerism

;Black: margoute

;Date: Sun Sep 16 06:25:24 GMT 2007

1. e2-e4 e7-e5

2. b1-c3 g8-f6

3. g1-f3 b8-c6

4. d2-d4 e5xd4

5. f3xd4 f8-b4

6. d4xc6 b7xc6

7. f1-c4 o-o