Fire Emblem (The North American-released ones!)

Mastertoku

Sorry - I know it may not be great forum etiquette to post two of these, but I'm not sure how to edit titles of threads, so... anyway.

Fire Emblem. So far OCR has only one remix from it, and from a Japanese-only released one at that.

So why don't we get something from Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, or Blazing Sword?

Anything adapted perhaps orchestrally (as would befit Fire Emblem!) would be splendid, but the songs I'd love to hear adapted would be Together, We Ride (of course), the Main theme, the Fortune-telling music (yeah, right, I know), and the miniboss theme from Blazing Sword.

So why don't we get something from Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, or Blazing Sword?

Why limit yourself to American-released games? You'd miss Dance, Levin, Julia, Memorial, and Diadora from FE4. Fight with Beld from FE5. Sorceress of Darkness/Shaman in the Dark from FE6. And those are just off the top of my head. It'd be a shame to overlook all of that great music because of where the game was released.

You don't have to play the game to appreciate the music. It's best in context, but it's basically the same context every game. Evil sect/king is trying to take over the world for whatever reason, and you're a hero (oftentimes nobility) who gets to slaughter a thousand nameless soldiers until everyone from the other country is dead. D-E-D, dead. Unless you're playing 5, in which case you're being repeatedly massacred until you resolve to beat your game cartridge with a sledgehammer and forget that it exists.

I should have been clearer, though - I didn't mean that you were limiting yourself by not playing the games, but rather denying yourself some of the best music from the series' golden age.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the SNES ones had far better music then the GBA ones, and more interesting music then the Path of Radiance. FE4 would probably win my vote as best SNES sound track (although it might not, since I might be forgetting a few). I wouldn't mind seeing more Fire Emblem remixes.

Actually I think I could do it I think, since I am rather good with music, I just don't have the stuff to do it with.