Dynamite Headdy

Jaybell

Thanx Millipede. Yeah the original voices were a pain in the arse to denoise.

Happy to see some support for the next releases. I'll need some! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I realized the album was pretty large, so here's how I'm planning to do it: I'm going to remix most of the 40 tracks, that's for sure.

But as I'll probably start a lot of WIP every week, to finish, schedule & release tracks on my own on a regular basis would be impossible.

I have to consider at least normal life+work time, and be realistic about this.

So I'll post preview instead. By that I mean sneak peaks, so you can hear whats coming next and follow the 'project', if you want to.

And I'm planning to finally release the whole when it's complete, before the end of the year as I said.

Then maybe create a proper thread / website also.

Bottom line, this album will be remixed! So hopefully see you next week. ;-)

Anyway, I realized the album was pretty large, so here's how I'm planning to do it: I'm going to remix most of the 40 tracks, that's for sure.

But as I'll probably start a lot of WIP every week, to finish, schedule & release tracks on my own on a regular basis would be impossible.

I have to consider at least normal life+work time, and be realistic about this.

No worries about this. I thought one track per week would be pretty intensive for just one person.

Hello there.

When I first played this game, like ten years ago, the soundtrack really blew my mind. I've been playing it around with FL Studio for some time now, but i just can't get it to sound nice...

If i manage making some cool stuff, i'll be posting it here. Not sure though.

Anyway, good luck with your remixes, Mokram.

Thanks for the support Selios! And don't hesitate to join the fun, the more the merrier. ;-)

Anyway, I've done some sketches for the next tracks, but I won't be releasing anything this week as it's not ready yet.

Got my handz full, but In the meantime, I'm working on something for the cover...

Yes there will be a cover, and maybe even a tracklist of sorts. This is some crazy stuff goin' on here! :mrgreen:

Well, see ya 'Treasure' fans next week with hopefully a new remix to share.

Headdy? GO!

ME0000853330_1.jpg

Haha, I wish I could draw like that . It actually came from the same site your

dynamite headdy picture did. :oops:

My drawing skills aren't bad, but they're definitely not that good. Maybe when I'm done

exams I'll have some time to practice my artistic abilities and contribute something to this project.

This is one of my favourite songs from the game, so I've been looking forward to this.

I didn't expect this song to be done as an orchestral bit, but I'm interested to see where it's

going to go, especially after the song picks up and gets crazy.

Are we going to see any of these projects in the WIP section or submitted for judging?

(not now I realize, but eventually?)

Also, I'm wondering whether this thread should be moved somewhere else, since it doesn't

seem so much like a request thread as it does a thread about this project.

Edit: Also just found this--> DJ Mokram - New Beginning New Path.mp3

Is this from the sound clip that plays when travelling to a new stage?

Are we going to see any of these projects submitted for judging?

Submitted for judging? Have mercy, I'm still young, I don't wanna die yet! :lol:

Also, I'm wondering whether this thread should be moved somewhere else, since it doesn't

seem so much like a request thread as it does a thread about this project.

Right now, moving this or creating a project-related thread would totally go against the project guidelines.

To sum it up: If you know 5 famous remixers who would like to take part in this, just tell me already! :mrgreen:

Edit: Also just found this--> DJ Mokram - New Beginning New Path.mp3

Is this from the sound clip that plays when travelling to a new stage?

It's actually a remix for a totally different game. You can find the thread right here.

See you around next week for more Headdy!

I'll be happy with anything. I'll download low kbps WIPs that cutout halfway through the song.

yes! Yes!! MOAR!!

I'm learning to use LMMS, which is pretty much the open source clone of FL studio, so

maybe in a few months I'll have something good enough to post here. Until then I'll have to

be content to watch from the sidelines and contribute whatever non-musical skills I have.

my contribution of FL Studio overly saturated crap!

You sure you didn't let me make a fool of myself with my quiet crap on purpose? :mrgreen:

But seriously Selios: your track rocks.

This is exactly the kind of arrangement I wish I could contribute.

Plus I like the dynamic, & your drums are ace. Cheers!

Now please take your project-director's seat, I warmed it up for you long enough. :-D

I'm learning to use LMMS, which is pretty much the open source clone of FL studio, so

maybe in a few months I'll have something good enough to post here.

Until then I'll have to be content to watch from the sidelines and contribute whatever non-musical skills I have.

That is fantastic news, I'm looking forward to your remixing premiere!

For now, as long as you keep backin' this up and making some kick ass banners, it's pretty cool.

A nice week for Headdy. MOAR to come!

You sure you didn't let me make a fool of myself with my quiet crap on purpose? :mrgreen:

But seriously Selios: your track rocks.

This is exactly the kind of arrangement I wish I could contribute.

Plus I like the dynamic, & your drums are ace. Cheers!

Now please take your project-director's seat, I warmed it up for you long enough. :-D

Why thank you, that's quite encouraging^^!

Yet i'm not satified with the "guitar" sounds. If anyone out there knows a virtual instrument or sampler with a nice saturated sound, please let me know, that would really help me out.

I'm trying to put this on Reason. I'm not really familiar with this soft, but it definitely sounds better than FL.

Oh and Mokram, there's no way you're getting away with it like that lol, I can't do all the job on my own either!

Horay! It's friday, and as promised, yet another Dynamite Headdy remix to preview!

This one is from

, one of the early stages of the game, preceding the epic sidescrolling battle against Maruyama.

dynamite-4.png

I went for electro this time around ...even though I've never even tried this genre before. :oops:

EDIT: song's time is up at host. But it will be included in the album!

Excellent, More content! Hope we'll hear more from Selios too, as I liked where his remix

was going (especially the synths midway through). I am now on dial-up, so everything

takes an eternity to download, but I guess I'll do what I can (which sadly isn't very much at

this point). Look forward to next week!

Hope we'll hear more from Selios too, as I liked where his remix was going

Yeah, me too.

I also hope other remixers will join the fun! ;-)

Unfortunately, I won't have time to remix some DH this week.

But I'll use this opportunity to recap the tracks I've begun to cover so far:

-Night of Dial Q2

-South Town Theme

-A Man of Sun

-Danzen Dungeon

and from Selios:

-I Sing

See ya next time with a fresh remix preview!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man, sorry to say, but there's no way these remixes even come close to being good enough to pay tribute to Dynamite Headdy :( sorry :(

lol

Do you mean they're bad enough not to say anything useful about them?

Like, you know, ADVICE?

I agree though, this soundtrack deserves as much respect as Sonic 3.

I really don't have much time to spend on this, so for know i'm just stuck with FL Studio, and it's a pain in the ass to have it sound "real".

Now we've all heard what you can do with cubase and a guitar,so why don't you give it a shot?

@Jaybell: links are down, but I'll try and manage to send some WIPs your way. ;-)

Oh man, sorry to say, but there's no way these remixes even come close to being good enough to pay tribute to Dynamite Headdy :( sorry :(

Don't be sorry, I know you didn't meant to be rude, you were just being honnest.

That's cool, so don't worry, I get you man, I really do.

But as mentioned, it wasn't intended to be a musical masterpiece.

Merely a response to a fan's request that has been unanswered for years.

Well at least I'm trying, and most importantly I'm having fun doing it.

Also since it seems some people do appreciate it as is, I'll continue as planned.

Everyone is welcome to join the fun here if they want, and remix some Headdy. :grin:

EDIT: I won't be able to remix anything till early June, since sadly, my music computer unexpectedly died on me. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any idea how LONG ive been waiting for some good ole dynamite headdy remixes? ITS BEEN SINCE I FIRST found out about OC remix. Nice project link :P

Ive been lookin for a good "revision studio" to do a bit of my own remixes to this game along with a few other Classics

I support you and your demand :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've long enjoyed Dynamite Headdy's Soundtrack and when I heard the awesome Sonic 3 Remixes from this group I am really hoping for a top quality release :)

I enjoyed the Heavy Metal tunes the most, Malicious Fingers, Dead Batteries, Doomsday are all brilliant tracks from that album. I hope that this game's music gets as much attention as Sonic 3's music did as some of DH's tracks are just begging for Metal remixes.

I hope SnappleMan comes on board the project too, his work is awesome!

I'll be keeping my eye on this and supporting the Headdy Movement. :-P