Suggest some movies!

supremespleen

The Rush Hour trilogy was good.Almost every movie starring Jackie Chan is funny.Another good movie starring Jackie Chan would have to be First Strike.There was also The Tuxedo starring Jackie Chan and Jennifer Lovehewet,but I'm pretty sure all of you have seen that one and Around The World in 80 Days which was a remake of the original Around the World in 80 Days.

I've got a suggestion, though I dunno what the chances are of you finding it at your local Blockbuster or other chain video rental. Then again, this film was distributed in the US as well, so you might be able to...

Public Enemy, and I'm not talking Chuck D. and Flava Flav. It's a Korean action/drama film, in which the intensity is nicely broken up in a very Hitchcock style (meaning: small bursts of comedy [and these actually tend to be funny] at appropriate times to keep you feeling said intensity). Really good film; I'd highly recommend it to all, and it seems to fit your criteria well.

A lot of people are iffy about getting into foreign films, which is really too bad (I really doubt it's just because of having to read subtitles too) because of how much great stuff people miss out on if they don't watch non-US stuff. If you wanna get into Korean film, this is a highly accessible one to start with (the most common being My Sassy Girl, though since you said no comedies I won't recommend it to you in this case).

I've been home recuperating from surgery and I'm well enough to go to the video store today. I'm looking for 'fun' or 'adventurous' movies. Nothing depressing, and not comedies. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hmmm. It may be dangerously close to the depressive side, but I'm still gonna recommend Danny the Dog, starring Jet Li and Morgan Freeman. It has its funny moments, but it's not a comedy. It is adventurous, but it takes its time to slow at times, but quickly generates the seriousness with quite some good fights.

My main surprisement with this movie is that I had never heard of it, even if it had famous actors. I didn't have too much expectations for it, but it pretty much skyrocketed to my top five list since it has bits from all movie genres, plus a good plot and the ability to make you sympatize for the main character. It may be a sad story, might even make you mad at the "villain" in the story, but I never found it to be depressing.

May not be what you're looking for, but I definitely recommend it to you. Might be hard to find on the movie shelf though.

Jumanji was a fun and adventurous movie.There was also Homeward Bound and Skip.I'm trying to think of other good movies...I know good romances too though if anyone is into those...You've Got Mail which was the remake of Around The Corner.Both movies were romance movies and were really good.I take Study of Film and I'm a director,actress,and music composer,so that's why I know so much about movies.

I take Study of Film and I'm a director,actress,and music composer,so that's why I know so much about movies.
I take Study of Film and I'm a director,actress,and music composer,so that's why I know so much about movies.

I'm typing ten characters