Suggest some movies!

supremespleen

It doesn't matter about history lessons or not.What matters is that they did a terrible job in filming 300.When you are making a movie on something that really happened you aren't supposed to base it on imagination.

With Eragon the movie was great based on the book.You can't expect everything you read in the book to be in the movie.If they were to have done that the movie would have been 4 to 5 hours long and would have been expensive to make.

I'm sorry princess, but your alibi is in another castle. 300 is made of epic and win. No, it is not historically accurate. Neither is any other movie. They are just reinterpretations.

Now, Eragon could have been good, but it was way too rushed. That movie should have been 2 and a half hours at least. The plot , the music, the action, the acting - they were all good. But the whole thing was rushed and it fucked it up pretty bad. It was still enjoyable.

300 is a movie you can watch over and over again, which means that it is made of epic and win.

It doesn't matter about history lessons or not.What matters is that they did a terrible job in filming 300.When you are making a movie on something that really happened you aren't supposed to base it on imagination.

With Eragon the movie was great based on the book.You can't expect everything you read in the book to be in the movie.If they were to have done that the movie would have been 4 to 5 hours long and would have been expensive to make.

I've studied film too, and totally disagree with the argument you're making. First, as Chrono26 said, it's not technically a remake. 300 is based off a graphic novel by Frank Miller; it truly is his vision brought to life, in case you've ever seen the source material. While the inspriation was the same for both 300 Spartans and Frank Miller's graphic novel, it serves as merely coincidence. The cinematography was excellent in all respects, especially how they actually made the fight scenes DYNAMIC (and it wasn't just the editing; look at camera placement). All too often nowadays directors will, in lieu of really thinking about camera angle and general mise-en-scene, employ the "shakey-cam," use improper zoom (usually too close), and leave it at that (see Transformers and, to a lesser extent, Bourne Ultimatum). Something else 300 does exceptionally well is convey a sense of emotion. Other movies that would have been great but failed in this regard because it doesn't bring the audience in. 300 has a unique visual style that, personally, I really enjoyed. I wouldn't try to fault it because it was "realistic enough," as that clearly wasn't the attempt. The greatest fault I see with it is the story is rather lacking, but given all of the aspects they did well in overshadows this I feel. Anyway, it's totally fine for you to say you didn't like it, but to say it was bad for the reasons you gave was silly IMO.

I didn't think 300 was emotional at all. Just that it created a great atmosphere really.

It wasn't exactly a character study of anyone or thing. Because it focused on the Spartans as a whole.

As for new releases, I only heard good things about Eastern Promises and the History of Violence was grossly overlooked. David Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen are worth following now. They're both about to break it big with their movies, even if not with commercial success.

I'll have to disagree and say the book was much better. Although it was hard to judge the movie without referencing the book. The movie left out more than too many events that I saw as character- and story- development.

The book left out too many events that could have been character development. Seriously, the characters are like cardboard cutouts.

What's the movie about?

Dead leaves is almost impossible to explain without ruining it. Simple answer: violence.

Well, if you haven't seen it, one of my favorite movies of all time is SLC punk. It's one of Matthew Lillard's best performances in my opinion, and definitely worth a watch. It's basically a movie about two punks in Salt Lake City, trying to keep the town from being overrun by the conservative mormons, and they do it by doing what punks do best, partying and beating the shit out of rednecks.

This movie is pretty odd, as it's the first movie that ever made me laugh my ass off, and cry.