Covers You'd Love to Hear

WesPip

Likely or not, what're some songs you'd like to hear covered, and by who?

Topic came to mind earlier when I heard "Tattooed Love Boys", and thought the vocalist sounded ever so slightly like Brody Dahl of The Distillers, and as such figured, "Hm, that'd be an interesting cover to hear".

I'm sure I could think of more, but's it's pretty damned late right now.

Sooo...how about you?

I just ended up covering Take On Me (link), and I have been debating for a while if I wanted to make an attempt at a Neverending Story cover at some point. I've got a couple variations buzzing around my head, so no idea what I'd end up with.

Hahahahhahahah.. man.. I really enjoyed that Aha cover. At first I wasn't too keen on the vocals.. their about the only thing that stand out in a big way from the original. I have to say though, once you hit the end of the first chorus I was hooked lol. Thats a voice with character. Odd, eyebrow raising character. I'd love to hear original stuff if you have any. I give your cover two 80's lovin thumbs up. :razz:

I would love more covers similar to my favorite. When I lived in hong kong I heard a couple Metallica songs covered by mudvayne, or some other band but only hardcore instead of heavy metal. I'd love to hear a hard version of tequilla sunrise or Hotel california though. Yes Im sick and twisted.

Oh, and I'd love it if someone could tell me what that vaguely described cover is. :-)

Yeah, I can imagine a string version of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" now.

And I like it. A lot. :grin:

Apocalyptica could slaughter that. Sounds great. This is actually a good topic for me; I just got into a band, and thus far we're mainly playing covers. Anyone got any suggestions for a alt/jam band with two guitars, a bass, and a djimbe (African drum?)

Who I'd like to be covered/remixed:

AC-DC

The Beatles

Bloc Party

Depeche Mode

Elvis

Erik B & Rakim

Kraftwerk

Radiohead (been done multiple times but still...)

Squarepusher (if someone somehow did a cover of Tetra-Sync then I'd be incredibly happy)

Who I'd like to cover/remix stuff:

Bomb the Music Industry! (Arrogant Sons of Bitches are aight but BtMI! is so much better)

Death from Above 1979 (if they were still together)

Justice

Madlib

Ratatat

Sasha