OCR00811 - Final Fantasy VII "A World of Piano"

Disco Dan

Final Fantasy VII 'A World of Piano'

Ok. Honestly, this one didn't impress me. Yes, it's done on the piano. Yes it was played live (most likely anyway). But I honestly didn't think it was out of the ordinary for a piano arrangement. The melody was pretty much standard with a little bit of variety near the end, and the accompaniament was pretty standard arpeggiated 5ths. I suppose with time we'll see more variety and versatility from Mr. Klutz, but for a first or second attempt, it's not bad. The dynamics and technique are good.

DC

for all of those who reviewed this, if you forgot what you said, this is what I copied from the recovery log:

Spacemogg - A World Of Piano

One should care less about the technical aspects of a tune if one approaches it with the ear of an impartial fan. "Arpeggiated 5ths" -- whatever. Nuts and bolts and over my head, but I know what I like and I likey the piano. Thank you Klutz, it's gorgeous. Brought to me my memories of my *first time!* on a starry dormroom night, flunking Astro with a contraband white wine and digging Debussy. It's so lovely. Thanx for the memories... :wink:

Starblaze - Yeah.

There's a chord that's wrong every time he plays it, but the first time you hear it is within the first few seconds of the song.

Sorry, that bugs me to death. Everything else is great, though.

Nice job.

-Starblaze

"You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same."

Shhteve -

The best thing about remixes is the fact that the artists like to remake the song as the way they think it should sound, and I believe this one is very close to how I would have liked to have heard it. Very well done Klutz.

frobnitz -

I love it, beautiful. Yea, this one gave me some of those memories from what seems like oh-so long ago now of playing FF7 day and night

Good job, keep 'em coming! :D

RPGfreak7771 -

It brings back memories for me too! FF7 was the first RPG i played and it got me into piano, and this remix only intrests me more! thanks!

AKA: DJ-Fartz

If you'd rather just retype them, that's cool too. Just do something so I can delete this so later generations will have no clue that a rollover ever occurred...

DC

:lol: The first time I played FF7, back in 1997, I heard the world them, and it grew on me sooo quick. Then, it seemed like a lot of the music built around it...even better. I'm playing FF7 again now, and I came across this remix last night. I was so happy, I almost cried.

This is a great submission! It keeps the original greatness of the World Theme, and somehow manages to make it 42 times more beautiful! Great work Klutz!

:o

Its pure. It has feeling, you truely can't fake that.

Wow. This remix is very well done. Considering there are orchestral and piano albums done for the final fantasys, for kLuTz to undertake this and come out with such a great piece is fantastic. I played the piano for 7 and a half years, and honestly, this is something I wish I could play myself. If you like piano music, this remix is awesome. Thanx again.

A brilliant piece kLuTz well done !!

I love this theme and this is the best mix of it so far, a very nice original version on the piano. After a tale in piano i knew this had to be something great to better it, and it was.

I always regarded McVaffe as the best pianist, however i think kLuTz is moving his way up there with him.

Congrats kLuTz on your recent mixes well done :)

Another great piece Klutz. I loved your first FF arrangement and I'm loving this one as well. It's fluidly done and somehow I always feel emotional in certain parts of the song. I like the rise and fall of tempo and I think they are intergrated very well in this piece. Hope to see more. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite OC remixes ever (my other favs include "Terra in black", Prozax's Rainbow Road, and "Funky pills") I can't believe that there aren't more people adoring it. It's original. it's creative, it's respectful, it's not electronic, it's clean, it's smooth, it's rich, it's laid back, it's gentle, it expands upon the original... I could go on and on. I love Klutz's work, and I hope he does more songs that I know (like this one). And the chords are creative. People bitch about the so called "wrong chord" in the beginning, but I think it's jazzy and adds character.

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those pieces that almost made me wet myself when I first heard it.

I'm a sucker for classical/piano stuff to begin with, and this is beautifully executed. The tune lends itself so well to the piano solo style. The original was fairly flat, especially compared to this. Every single one of kLuTz's embellishments is tasteful, fits the comprehensive picture of the piece, and... I'd want to do a blow-by-blow of it, but I'd just end up saying what he did followed by "oh..." "perfection..." or 'beautiful..."

5 out of 5. 10 out of 10. 100%

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't usually post reviews and such, but this piece is juss so amazing that I have to. This is the kind of work that makes me work even harder to teach myself the piano. I'd love the sheet music for this. =) Extremely good piano solo. ^_^ (I'm such a sucker for piano arrangements and instrumental music!)

This is an amazing remix. I've always loved it. It was one of the first I downloaded when I found this site, and still one of my favorites. This is also why I registered here as well, so now you know who to blame: Klutz has inflicted me upon you all! It is all Klutz's fault!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00811 - Final Fantasy VII "A World of Piano"