Should sephfire change his handle?

sephfire

"sephfire" was the file name of a jpeg I saw once and it had a nice ring. Since then, I think most people have assumed I either liked sapphires or was a ravenous Sephiroth fanboy (or some mixture of the two). I've gone by other handles in other places. The most frequently used: "cAtf00d."

Since OCR is one of the first places I used this handle, I feel it "belongs" to OCR in some way. What do you guys think? Should I consider changing my handle or just leave well enough alone?

"sephfire" was the file name of a jpeg I saw once and it had a nice ring. Since then, I think most people have assumed I either liked sapphires or was a ravenous Sephiroth fanboy (or some mixture of the two). I've gone by other handles in other places. The most frequently used: "cAtf00d."

Since OCR is one of the first places I used this handle, I feel it "belongs" to OCR in some way. What do you guys think? Should I consider changing my handle or just leave well enough alone?

I think it's fine, and established. I like it!

(Also, would have posted this before all the project WAVs were finalized tonight. :lol: )

Yea except when you used KiD_Zer0 on DALnet for years..

Also.. 11 years? You were on the net when you were 7-8 years old? (Note how I didn't make a 12 year old joke for once!)

I used that handle on dalnet but I maintained this handle on my AOL account, which I had since I was 8. Though back then there wasn't all that much to do on the net.

should sephfire refer to himself in the third person?

also, no.

WAAAAHAAAHAHAA. That was a good one.

I've never been the type to go tell anyone to do anything they don't wanna do. So if you wanna change it, then go ahead. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. It's like Obama said in his speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention (I think that's what the event was). "If there is a child on the South side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen named Sephfire who can't change his handle just because everybody doesn't want him to, that threatens my civil liberties." Hahaha.

Do what you like man. ^_^

Don't do it! Everybody knows who Sephire is, and then if you change it, everybody thinks you're a different person. It's like, there's a million Doom remixes from a mixer named TO on the site. It took me four years to realize that TO and The Orichalcon were the same person. Shortly after I came to that revelation in a thread, he started submitting mixes as The Orichalcon, and TO hasn't been heard from since. Coincidence? I think not.