Opinions on Garritan Personal Orchestra

hey audix. How do you make the overtones of a note pan around? I was listening to your pirates song and the note is staying in the same spot but its overtones are going from left to right. Just wondering thanks!

edit: I figured out how to do it but I want to know if this is how you did it. Open formula controller and route the button to a band pass filter and a notch filter of the same Q. Then pan the overtones by twisting the formula controller knob.

Yeah, I use FL. What section of the pirates mix are you referring to? I probably just used a simple panning automation, with one instance of sytrus playing the main synth and another instance filtered panning left to right. Haven't tried that formula controller idea, but it sounds like it would work.

Yeah, I use FL. What section of the pirates mix are you referring to? I probably just used a simple panning automation, with one instance of sytrus playing the main synth and another instance filtered panning left to right. Haven't tried that formula controller idea, but it sounds like it would work.

It's a swishing sound that kind of sounds like it's going in a circle. It goes left to right and gets louder in the middle then softer again.

I also found a better way to do it. You make a band pass or a notch and then you invert it and play against the original. That way the two different portions have exactly what the other one is missing because an upside down V doesn't quite match a V. When you inverse the waves cancel and it's exactly perfect. Then you take the upside down V part and pan that one while just making sure the inverted part (the track containing fundamental) stays with it using the formula controller. Pretty sweet effects.