Check my work (To The Spinning Tower)

Jacian

Hi All... I've been creating music with FL Studio XXL for almost half a year now, and I've created a song I'm really proud of. I've created complex songs, techno songs, orchestral songs, etc and all I've been proud of but not enough to post here :)!! Well, I was goofing off on the piano and I found a melody I liked. I wanted to keep things relatively simple for this song, but I found myself using a fast tempo. I used the BEST drum soundfont (Ken Ardency), a soundfont piano, with Sytrus Bass, Pad, and Sequenced something or other :-). I found a bongo loop off of the Freesound Project. All in all, I had fun making it and was done with the finished product in about two and a half hours. What I'd love is to hear comments on the song... if there's things that you think should me made better. I've struggled with stereo panning a lot (how to get the instruments to have their own "space" on the spectrum) and overall sound. I can also post the FLP file if anyone wants to look at it... If you guys like this, I might try my hand at Remixing. Thanks a lot, everyone!

~Jace

http://www.gerlachmedia.com/to%20the%20Spinning%20Tower.mp3

Thanks for posting this, I personally would love to have the flp froject file, it's a great way to learn how to do a bunch of stuff. Great job dude!

As a piano player this really interests me. I think I might learn the song too, although I hate learning songs from midis... Oh well, I have no choice.

There is some really good stuff here!!! :-D Whoa, sounds pretty cool!.

Now this is what i think

- The piano sounds nice

- The phased drums at the beginning are really cool

- I think that you made the intro too long, the strong beats should've started before... and I would've started using the definitive drum and bass beats you used later in the song. Also, I would put a bass just when the drums start :D

- Maybe you should find the sound of a more "agressive" snare drum sample! :roll: A stronger hit, so your drum and bass beat sounds a lot more energic and awesome.

- Maybe you could try to add one more instrument to make the melody?

Anyways man.. I really digg this. Good work! :D