OCR00823 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) 'My Red Hot Pursuit'

djpretzel

Heh, my other submission, DKC - Apocalypse Oil, was only a teaser I made a while back to get people thinking about my name again. Here's a submission worthy of the follow up!

Title: Donkey Kong Country 3 - My Red Hot Pursuit

Credited To: Wintermute

Email: wintermute@cvinternet.net

Original Track: Donkey Kong Country 3 - Hot Pursuit

Comments: Includes lyrics! Well, I'm definitely not the best singer ever, but I believe that the lyrics somehow complement this piece...at least, I hope that others think so. :) I have a thing for the Donkey Kong Country music. Most notably that I love almost all of it. You probably noticed. :)

Lyrics:

nothing can stop, nothing can stop, nothing can stop me now

nothing can stop my red hot pursuit of you

Thanks much for considering this remix!

~Dan

:x That intro guitar sample! I like the choir, but that's about it. I don't like this melody. Maybe it's better in the actual game, but this sample is really killing it. Plus it's just the same thing over and over and over again till the choir comes in. I like the vocalizations, as they add to the gloomy dark mood of the song (up till about 2:35). It gets too happy there :x Your ending sounds like you just kinda gave up on it. Like you couldn't come up with a closer. I know that sometimes that's the hardest part of the song to do, but man...

No, no, no.

Sorry. Better luck next time.

Unlike Pizza, I actually liked the intro guitar. Although after about a minute it's starting to grate on me, I'm just glad there's some other stuff in here to detract from it now.

It's only 1:30 in and I want to say yes already, but I suppose I should listen to the whole song, especially in light of what the other judges have said about the ending.

*continues to listen*

Not too keen on the vocals sometimes, and the ending isn't very good. It just.. ends. But I still think it sounds good.

Vote: Yes