an idea for djp/ocr in general

KnockKnock

an ocr best-of/greatest-hits album.

somewhere between 1 and 5 "discs". maybe it could all be torrented, or just a page with links to all the best songs. it could be decided by user a voting system for registered users. it's about time for something like this, considering how well-established ocr and it's musicians are now. what do you think?

well, yeah. but it would be common favourites. the songs that get voted the most would appear on the 'album'.

the japanese band l'arc~en~ciel did this with success. for each country their greatest hits album was to be released in, there was a vote for which songs should appear on it.

an ocr best-of would give new users in the future a good starting point, like any other best-of album. of course there would be several brilliant gems left out, like on most best-of albums, but it would still give a good idea of what ocr is about, rather than someone new to ocr just clicking random songs and ending up listening to some of the obscure crap from the early days (no offense, i actually like most of that lo-fi stuff, but i get the feeling others don't).

I personally think it would be a cool idea, so don't get me wrong when I say this, but I think that this goes against DJP's ideas for the site. He would like for people to find something new here instead of a list of "classics" which can't possibly do the site justice and will probably be familiar to everyone.

I personally think it would be a cool idea, so don't get me wrong when I say this, but I think that this goes against DJP's ideas for the site. He would like for people to find something new here instead of a list of "classics" which can't possibly do the site justice and will probably be familiar to everyone.

Broken pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's just something that goes against what the site is about.