OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

How...how could One-Winged Angel be so profoundly ruined like that...

No one remixes in the spirit of the source material anymore. It's all giga-sample wankery. Kudos for making a nice little chiptune at the beginning and having good A&R, but the song feels nothing like One-Winged Angel.

I am sad tonight because I've never played this game. However, it does put me in the position to give you some non-nostalgia/familiarity influenced feedback, and I can tell that, from what I've listened to so far, this project still kicks it.

Congratulations on finishing it, and have fun basking in one of OCR's biggest ever afterglows (at least in my time here).

Wouldn't it be cool if Nobuo Uematsu registered on OCREMIX and wrote a page or two to congratualate all of you for all your hard work and dedication. It's the best kind of compliment to have your music remixed at this kind of quality.

I hope the diehard japanese fans over in japan are downloading this right now. Or I hope word gets over there.... That would be awesome.

[01:19] captain0cd: 45 Tracks.

[01:19] captain0cd: That's like.

[01:19] captain0cd: If music was sex.

[01:19] captain0cd: This would be an orgy.

[01:19] Friend: that should be the cd title

[01:19] Friend: 'Orgy- A FFVII Compilation'

This is too much. I don't even know what to say. I feel like I should be giving you people money.

Thank you.

How...how could One-Winged Angel be so profoundly ruined like that...

No one remixes in the spirit of the source material anymore. It's all giga-sample wankery. Kudos for making a nice little chiptune at the beginning and having good A&R, but the song feels nothing like One-Winged Angel.

"Hey Mikey, he likes it!" [/Life]

I feel like I should be giving you people money.

Thank you.

We basically spent everything on new shirts months ago, so we're tapped out. Consider buying some gear.

Oh dear, here they come already.

What did you honestly expect? I am surprised it took this long. I would have thought they would have flamed after the first 2 posts.

Seriously.

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about this project from people that dislike ff7. That is saying a WHOLE LOT, seriously.

This isn't just representing a game. This is a gathering of great musicians covering MUSIC. Music that should be respected and listened to as MUSIC and not just part of a game.

I too dislike FF7, but believe me, I really am looking forward to hearing this when I am done downloading everything from zircon (since he is like the only other seeder atm who has all 2.3 gigs of what I am going to be seeding soon).

Give this a shot from a musical perspective people. Keep an open mind. You will enjoy this if you do.

*note: I know that the person didn't say he disliked ff7. This is more of a post for all the haters in general*

Let me break from the pack, as people get way too emotionally invested in games. I am an absolute fanatic for everything FF7 and wasted many months, maybe even years, on playing FF7, over and over again. And so far, (and yes, I've already listened to One Winged Angel), this album is everything and more that I've been hoping for for 2 long years. Damn fine job by everybody. If I could have pixietricks' babies I would.

Hurrah for Voices Of The Lifestream finally being released!

Well, i have not yet heard it all but i've plowed my way through a few songs and; Wow, incredible.

I recall that i thought that Trenthian's idéa to combine Cid's theme and Gold Saucer was a bit bold and oh did i have to eat that one up. This will rock my world for a few months now, great job and a big thanks for this one. =D