OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

One more minor quibble, about ID3 tags (in small font size to not detract from this wonderful release :) ).

I would suggest you not put the URL of the project at the front of the album title. The correct album title is Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream, as shown on the project web site, artwork etc.--not http://ff7.ocremix.org/ - Voices of the Lifestream, as it currently is in the ID3 tags. There is already a URL field in the ID3 tag specifications, and it is already filled out with the project URL.

I'm sure you guys are just trying to follow OCR's standard of putting the official site URL as the album name, but I don't think it's appropriate for a site project and it makes for messy categorizing in media players/organizers. (As an example, I want this album to show up in my media player's album view next to Final Fantasy VII: Piano Collections.)

ETA: Spotted an error in a tag: Disc 2, track 12, Hy Bound's "Mark of the Beatsmith" has a typo ("Beathsmith") in the song title.

Man...just listened to the album. I'm speechless. Indeed, there's something for everyone here. Some of the best stuff I've listened to in a long while are in this album. Excellent work, everyone.

The coolest thing about this album is that each and every track has its own "thing" going on. From Black Wing Metamorphosis awesome blend of styles and genres to Liontamer's robotic spoken vocals in Adrenalyne Kyck (that especially grew on me), you're going to appreciate how unique each track sounds.

My personal favorites so far: Materia Junkie, Short Skirts, Collision, Every Story Begins with a Name, Serenety, Full Frontal Assault, Damn Those Turks, Adrenalyne Kyck, Black Wing Metamorphosis, Beginning of the End, and Lunatic Moon.

Expect a full fledged review from me soon.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but am I the only one experiencing problems with the torrent?

I'm using BitComet 0.93 and I keep getting "Stopped[Disk Error]."

While moving the completed files about on my hard drive I did at one point get an error about a filename being too long. Make sure the directory that the files are being saved to isn't buried too many folders deep in your hard drive.

While moving the completed files about on my hard drive I did at one point get an error about a filename being too long. Make sure the directory that the files are being saved to isn't buried too many folders deep in your hard drive.

That was the problem- but I was only saving it in my My Music folder (Windows); this is the first time I ever had any sort of error...! It's working now, because I'm now saving it to c:\\FFVotL\ as opposed to c:\documents and settings...

...48 hours to go, but worth it. And I'll seed for about two months XD

It might be nice to have a way to download all the tracks at once but without the .wav files. For those of us with slow DSL, downloading a 2GB+ torrent takes several days, which is frustrating when you just want the smaller MP3 files.

Most bittorrent clients give you some option for selecting which files within the torrent you actually want to download, or allow you to place priority on specific files. Investigate whichever client you use and see if you can specify to only download the MP3 folder.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I haven't played the game (or FFVIII), but the music here absolutely transcends the need to have heard these songs before. Stunning work, y'all. For some reason, the Rare Square comments thread isn't working, so I'll mention here that it's my favorite song of the ones I've heard so far.