OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

OH MAN IS THAT LARRY ON VOCODER IN ADRENALYNE KICK OH MAN OH MAN

I can't get that track out of my head. It's incredibly catchy. I'm assuming that Zircon contributed all the incredibly cool synth guitar sounds while BGC did the arrangement. Larry's spoken lyrics, while short, really adds something to the track. I don't care if people think it's cheesy.

"If I had known that this was coming, I would've done things d-d-d-d-ifferently!"

Always log in to give props to these Album releases. You guys did an amazing job. Love it thus far (haven't listened to everything yet, first cd, first few songs on the second) and I've loved just about everything.

Per usual top grade stuff from you guys. Thanks for all the hard work, and much, much props.

Actually, Jimmy did most of the work on that... I shaped + polished a bunch of the sounds, did mixing/mastering, created one of the main drumloops, a couple of the synths, and a little bit of arrangement. Recognizable contributions, sure, but my fellow judgefgt deserves most of the credit. :)

Very interesting. All this time I've been hearing the guitar sounds and I'm thinking, "this has to be Zircon". Looks like BGC has a couple of tricks up his sleeve. :)

Anyways, this track has officially climbed up to one of my favorites of this album. I'll say it again; incredibly catchy.

Okay, so this might be a little ambitious, but... While I find it's easy to just review a few of my personal favorites, I think every track on this project deserves some individual attention. So here goes! I'll post in parts, one for each disc over the course of the next couple days.

DISC 1: Crisis

1. Deliverance of the Heart (Heart of Anxiety) - pixietricks, zircon:

Outside of some of his original game score work, this is the first piece I ever heard Andy attempt in such a different style from his normal, more in-your-face (i.e. badass) electronic music. It just goes to show that you should never underestimate someone's talent based solely on what you've heard of their "signature sound." There are so many layers of soft, percussive elements that just take my breath away. The bells, strings, warm pads work together in beautiful harmony. Andy truly captured the genre to a T. I was so happy with this piece that I begged him to do another in the same vein for his most recent album, ANTIGRAVITY... resulting in the title track! And now yet another will be appearing on my own album in the spring. So... yeah. I may sound a little biased as zircon's girlfriend, but I'm definitely proud of him.
:D

2. Every Story Begins With a Name (Opening - Bombing Mission) - Big Giant Circles:

The way this piece unfolds is so brilliant. It really reminds me of Pink Floyd, particularly their album A Momentary Lapse of Reason, with the atmospheric intro chalk full of subtle electronic sound effects later breaking into an epic film-score-esque drumset pattern straight out of the 80's. At 2:10, the song takes a new turn, taking you on journey through what sounds like an elaborate little computer chip, trying to get past the alarms and booby traps. The choir is so effectively used in this context, and I love the little ethnic section starting around 4:30. Excellent work - gives the beginning of the CD a nice kick in the @$$!

3. No Such Thing As the Promised Land (Mako Reactor) - sephfire, sgx:

I'm definitely a sucker for this kind of expansive, atmospheric track; I always have to hold my breath a little through all the softer sections. That gritty bass synth is the perfect choice to compliment the industrial sort of percussion that emerges from the rubble. And those ever-so-faint breath stutters give me the CHILLS. Coming from two of my favorite artists in the community, this piece really paints a picture. I only wish I could have heard more from you both on the project!

4. Materia Junkie (Underneath the Rotting Pizza ~ The Oppressed) - LuIzA:

Sorry to Another Soundscape for the title steal-age, but the name fit LuIzA's mix so well! XD (I remember Andy was searching for one for a while... my original suggestion was "Lipstick and Cheap Seats") Metal has never been my favorite genre of music, but because of many artists on this album, my realm of appreciation has widened greatly. This is an awesome interpretation of the source, from the gritty guitars to the sexy bassline to the altogether new ska section. I also love how LuIzA managed to subtly quote the main theme in a different mode, with those processed bells/vibes at 0:51 and 1:05. Her solos may not be as jaw-droppingly fast and furious as Sixto or Snappleman, but she always exhibits such seasoned taste that one could never doubt her abilities. Very well done.

5. Full Frontal Assault (Let the Battles Begin!) - norg, Snappleman:

I don't think I have enough experience with the genre to adequately access how amazing this track is. You two need to collaborate more often; I couldn't imagine a more badass take on the Battle Theme. My favorite part is at 2:16 when you get to the awesome "BAM BAM BAM.... BAM BAM BAM" unison in the new key. Sheer energy from start to finish. Yep, definitely worth wait. Like, wow... Just wow... Just... wow...
:wink:

6. Too Much Fighting (Fanfare) - Another Soundscape:

Yay, synth reggae! I have to say, Another Soundscape is one of the most promising new remixers I have seen come out of this community. He demonstrates such boundless creativity; I remember being really pleasantly surprised with both his FF7 content entries (the other of which, Golden Feathers, we'll get to later). The soundscape (har) of this piece is so unusual, it's refreshing. Prelude quotes, sexy Japanese voice sampling, and some really cool instrumental solos. I likes it!

7. Damn Those Turks! (Turks' Theme) - Daniel Baranowsky:

This track is like an Old Western set in space. The Native American tribal vocals at 1:31 are simply awesome - especially in contrast with the gritty, futuristic elements of the rest of the piece. It's almost like they were filtered through some sort of cathedral reverb, giving them a distinctly ethereal quality. Definitely nice to hear something new from Dan B; I was not let down!

8. Adrenalyne Kyck (Hurry!) - Big Giant Circles, Liontamer, zircon:

This piece started out a little slow for me, but I know that it's partially due to the repetitive nature of the source. The guitar and synth work beginning at 1:36 was a welcome change, and from that point I started to get into the kind of mesmerizing groove. Larry's cameo was, surprisingly enough (hehe), probably my favorite part of the whole thing. I wish there had been more vocoding later in the song! This is one of those tracks that serves more as filler than plot-changing action, so I think it achieved what it set out to do quite well. Nice contributions from all.

9. Nomura Limit (Fight On!) - zircon:

I've never been the biggest fan of SSH's style, but Andy certainly captured it with this track, and actually helped open my eyes/mind to the genre. The kick-arse guitar and snyth solos obviously take the cake here, but I can't help but love the breakdown section beginning at 1:45, with the pretty bell-like arpeggios and choir pads... of course. ^_~ And the harpsichord part he sequenced is just RIDICULOUS; when I saw his entire screen filled with octave leaps and crazy little intervals, I began to appreciate the effort that goes into programming these pieces. Every time I listen to Nomura Limit, it grows on me more and more. I just kind of want to... \M/ .... Ack, save me from metalheadom!

10. Son of Chaos (Shinra Company) - Xaleph:

I have to say, this is probably THE spookiest track on the entire project. From the raw kicks that sound like they're right in your ear, to the echoing crashes, to the awesome choir that ties it all together... I can't imagine what kind of horrors go on in this haunted factory, but I'm not sure I
want
to. Fantastic work from Mr. Carbunk1e.

11. Lunatic Moon (Red XII's Theme ~ Cosmo Canyon) - Sixto Sounds, zircon:

This is just one of the many phenomenal collaborative efforts on
Voices of the Lifestream
. Sixto and zircon's talents lend to one another so flawlessly that it's a... little unnerving.
(Don't steal him away from meeee!)
MAN, can Sixto shred! And the ethnic sections at 0:57 and 1:55 are like the ying to Juan's yang, transporting me back to Andy's SSF2 Turbo remix "Flying Heaven" in the most delightful way. A true pleasure to listen to!

12. motor crazycycle (Crazy Motorcycle) - tefnek:

So happy we got to have tefnek's wonderful talent on this project. This track is unlike any of the other electronic ones on VotL, with little melodic content but a LOT of spunk. I'd honestly be wary about driving with this music in the player, for fear of speeding... Or just succumbing to general... road rage. It's so damn cheeky, I love it.
This one should win the "best ending" award, with that little smooch sound effect that basically
screams
, "Kiss my ____!" Well done.

Phew! So yeah, more to come, but I'm absolutely loving it so far.

ALSO ALSO ALSO, for some reason I can't do ANYTHING to the copy of Black Wing Metamorphosis that came with the torrent. Can't play it, move it, or even rename it or delete it. I have to re-download it separately from the site, I guess. Anyone know why it did that?

The file name is 132 characters, which apparently is giving some people trouble... though most seem to be having no problem with it. I suggest renaming it something like "4-10 Various Artists - Black Wing Metamorphosis.mp3" when you download. What OS are you using?

for most of the naysayers who are less than pleased with the final product, i suspect that there is something that is contributing to that feel:

overload.

unless i made a mistake somewhere in winamp, it shows that the mp3s add up to 3 hours, 20 minutes, and 27 seconds.

that's a metric assload of music.

difficult to feel objective or sometimes even excited about a music pack that lasts longer without repeat than two full length movies (or one extended lord of the rings movie (or what most george w. bush presidential speeches feel like (oh snap, i went political))).

it's very easily understandable why there are some folks who aren't as excited about it. especially considering there are a wide variety of musical tastes catered to in the pack and not everyone likes all of those musical tastes (for example, i don't have robot ears). it's one of those things where, once the dust settles, people will have their favorites which will get added to their playlists and the rest will be left alone to others who will completely shun the first groups people of selected songs and add the rest to their play lists and so forth and so on.

variety is the spice of life. this pack is an entire spice rack. and not everyone likes curry (heathens. how can you not like curry?).

-= george =-

I disagree with the assertion that any lack of gushing enthusiasm (at least on my part) has anything to do with the length of the material.

And as someone who enjoys all kinds of various musical styles, the variety (though I think there was less than you imply) doesn't bother me.

The ultimate deciding factor for me is whether or not at the end of the mix I feel like it took the original and added it to it in an meaningful way. Some mixes in here accomplished that, and some did not, and it was split almost half and half for me. Even some of the tracks themselves were half and half for me, where I'd either be completed turned off by the intro, but really enjoy the ending, or enjoy the intro and be shaking my head by the middle.

So in the end, It wasn't a constant cranking up into a drooling stupor, but more of a roller coaster of ups and downs.

Currently downloading the Torrent, well the MP3 versions... don't need the WAV files. It'll have an extra seed in 15 minutes.

Anyway, while that downloads I'm listenin' to the tracks as well... or well I was until one track which I've played 3 times now; Jovette Rivera's The Crossroad (Cid's Theme), really like this one so I'm gonna keep playing it for a while until the album is downloaded. ^_^

This is by far my favourite album to come out of the OC projects, that could be due to it being Final Fantasy and a combination of many of my favourite artists from the site, most likely is.

Anyhow, love the album and look forward to more stuff.

...Also, great to see a new track Jovette. =)

The file name is 132 characters, which apparently is giving some people trouble... though most seem to be having no problem with it. I suggest renaming it something like "4-10 Various Artists - Black Wing Metamorphosis.mp3" when you download. What OS are you using?

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. I re-downloaded the track and saved it as "a bunch of people - black wing metamorphosis etc etc." Trouble is, I still can't delete/rename/do anything to the old copy. I'm using Windows XP, by the way.

Also I agree ENTIRELY with what Pixietricks said about Another Soundscape. Too Much Fighting is just friggin' awesome. And so is Golden Feathers, it went from super happy techno to soft relaxing sitar strumming goodness, and it did it well.

ALSO STILL, how did Valse Aeris get accepted onto the site? It's ten megabytes in the torrent file! o_O I assume it was edited down/compressed?

Also one winged chiptune ftw.

okay i'm done.

seriously.

EDIT: I KNEW there was something else I had to say. It's that a little past the two minute mark in Star Salzman's mix (2:10 to be exact), the percussion sounds almost EXACTLY like the Battletoads pause music. You know, "boom CH boom CH boom CH CH CH." Well, not EXACTLY VERBATIM COVER of it but it sounds QUITE similar.

NOW I'm done.

but probably not really

In Windows, the problem is dependent on where the file is placed. If it's placed under many subfolders (so the directory structure looks like x:/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/file) instead of near the top of the drives folder structure, it goes crazy and can't read that particular file, because the filename with the directories added is too long. Once the file is there, it's stuck and can't be renamed or moved. The only way to delete it is by taking everything else out of the folder and deleting the folder itself.

Huh, guess you learn something every day. Oops.

ALSO STILL, how did Valse Aeris get accepted onto the site? It's ten megabytes in the torrent file! o_O I assume it was edited down/compressed?

My 1337 encoding skills :) Many of the 'flood' mixes had to be re-encoded to ABR/VBR in order to get under 6mb. Valse was especially tricky. All of the project MP3s in the torrent and on the mirrors, however, are straight up 192kbps CBR.

OH MAN IS THAT LARRY ON VOCODER IN ADRENALYNE KICK OH MAN OH MAN

I'm only 8 tracks in and not ONE track has disappointed. Like, at all.

I can't get that track out of my head. It's incredibly catchy. I'm assuming that Zircon contributed all the incredibly cool synth guitar sounds while BGC did the arrangement. Larry's spoken lyrics, while short, really adds something to the track. I don't care if people think it's cheesy.

"If I had known that this was coming, I would've done things d-d-d-d-ifferently!"

Actually, Jimmy did most of the work on that... I shaped + polished a bunch of the sounds, did mixing/mastering, created one of the main drumloops, a couple of the synths, and a little bit of arrangement. Recognizable contributions, sure, but my fellow judgefgt deserves most of the credit. :)

yes, Andy played a critical role in getting that track to sound as well as it did. Without his help, I'm sure the overall mastering would have been much more washed-out and bland. He turned mud-grunge into crystal-grunge :)

also, there needs to be moar gushing about the liquid sex that is liontamer's voice. :D

and yes, my crappy guitar playing was one of the aces I had up my sleve ;) glad you liked it.

In Windows, the problem is dependent on where the file is placed. If it's placed under many subfolders (so the directory structure looks like x:/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/file) instead of near the top of the drives folder structure, it goes crazy and can't read that particular file, because the filename with the directories added is too long. Once the file is there, it's stuck and can't be renamed or moved. The only way to delete it is by taking everything else out of the folder and deleting the folder itself.

Yeah, that worked! Thank you.

Hello,

I've been lurking around the site now for...hmm maybe about a year and a half? I mean, I've been enjoying awesome free music for a while so the least I could do is write a review right? Ok, disk one:

Perhaps I should preface this with the fact that I haven't actually played the game...so perhaps some of the nostalgia is lost on me. I do recognize some of the more famous themes though.

Deliverance of the Heart:

Pretty nice mellow song. Works well for the album into. I was kind of surprized though. Given that I haven't played they game, I guess it wasn't the sort of music that I associated FF:VII with in my mind. I probably should play it...

Every Story Begins with a Name:

Seems like more of a segwaying(sp?) piece. I didn't really get into it that much until around 2:08 and then I really started liking it around 3:05. I like a lot of the individual themes, but I usually prefer a song to have a one or two progressive theme and the song seems to have 3 to 4 maybe...or I'm crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about. Although...I don't know if that was the remixer's choice or the source.

No Such Thing as the Promised Land:

Even before I listened to this I was really anticipating this song...well because the Mario Paint: Intense Color song is one of my favorite songs. Very brooding...so when I first listened to it I wasn't in quite the right mood, but then I listened to it later when I was alone at night and it fit just right. Awesome.

Materia Junkie:

I didn't really really get into this one as much. Still top quality stuff though, just not really my style. I do like the title though. Make me think of Cloud passed out on the floor amid a pile of used needles.

Frontal Assualt:

I really like the drums on this one. I don't know how to describe it...but the sound has a nice "feel" to it. I'm speaking literally. That's why I can't quite describe it...hmmm.

Too Much Fighting:

I really like this song! Doesn't take itself too seriously and it isn't too silly either. The begining is kinda funky and then it progresses later (around the japanese) nicely.

Damn Those Turks:

Second fav. on this project!! Bassline is just freakin' cool. I just never heard this style before (maybe I'm musically sheltered, but what ever). I love the vocals too! I kind of wonder what the source tune was like...Just a ton of fun to listen to.

Adrenyline Kick(sp?):

Everything is layered really nicely and blends perfect. Foot tapper IMO, very catchy.

Oh yeah! I'm listening to these as I type so sometimes I remember things that I forgot and will add them off. I was back and forth on the synth voice for a while...but now I like it. I just wish the song would've kicked off a bit harder after it (just a bit more intense)...although the song is great this way too :-)

Nomura Limit:

I had pretty big expectations for this song too since Zircon most likely the remixer who's songs I like most consistantly (also Flying Heaven = My Fav. OCR remix ever (seriously)) Ok, now that I'm done being a fanboy. Got just what I wanted from this song. Intense sections mixed up with mellow bits to make the intensity stand all that much more. The end seemed a little weird to me though. It's like this really intense fight where suddenly the combatants are like "Good show old Chap" and walk away. Not bad, just surprized me. Kind of a nice little quirk actually.

Son of Chaos:

Here it is...my fav. song on the project! I don't know what it is about the song, but it's just epic. Makes me shiver. Vocals are awesome...songs like these make me wish that I didn't suck so bad at writing music.

Lunatic Moon:

I remember hearing this song in a preview if memory serves correctly...The begining part actually reminds me a lot of the intro to Spybreak by the Propellerheads. The transitions from intense to soft flute bits seem kind of abrupt...but the one at 2:18 is really cool. I really enjoy this song towards the end (after that bit at 2:18). Nice work.

Onto disk two? I must say that after disk one, disk two wasn't quite as enjoyable for me. Not that I'm saying it wasn't good (lot's of excellent stuff in there). I had really just gotten into the right mood after listening to Son of Chaos and Lunatic moon and then was kind of struck by the sharp transition. When I listened to it again later I liked it a lot better.

Short Skirts:

A very nice laid back song. The title and the song don't quite seem to fit together to me...but we all have different word associations so it's possibly just me. Pretty relaxing. Nice to listen to while working.

Valse Aeris:

Waltz? Hmmm, not really my stuff. It's certainly well put together though. Everything sounds good...which is actually really impressive because it's hard to get brass especially to sound right (well at least it is for me anyway). Oh, ok I forgot about this part. I like it later inbetween the waltz sections. And after the second waltz part. I'm sorry man, I just don't like Waltzs...it really has nothing to do with your quality as a remixer. So basically the parts that didn't have the pronounced 1-2-3 I really liked.

Embraced Empathy:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I had such a funny movie playing in my mind when this song started. I just envisioned the FF:VII cast shopping at a grocery store. I couldn't help it. It's good stuff though.

Serenity:

I like the vibe this one has going. I really enjoy thinking about things will listening to these sorts of songs. They really lead you down an interesting thought path. Vocals fit nicely. I have to say, I usually don't like vocals...at all. But I like them they way you did them.

Life Without Parole:

Very dramatic. I think Dhsu did an excellent job on this piece. I usually get really annoyed with piano remixes because the melody tends to get repedative...but I didn't feel that in this song. Also, I think it's great that the song was so dramatic but it didn't get carried away. To me that's the different between...say a good film score and soap opera music.

Scenes from a Memory:

I just didn't really get into it. Nicely arranged and the production quality is good, something about it just didn't click with me. The melody (which is probably because of the source tune I'm thinking) just didn't seem to progress enough for what I usually like...but that's mostly personal preference. I'm sure a lot of people will like this song.

Golden Fields:

Very nice mellow warm sound from this one. Make you feel comfortable...or at least if make me feel at home sort of...I didn't really grow in the country though. Just has a nice vibe is my main idea here.

Crystal Sermon:

I wasn't all that fond of this one. Again, it really has nothing to do with quality. It's just not really a style I listen too often. Although, I did like the bit around 1:35

Chasing the Storm:

I really enjoy electronica with piano like this. The begining actually reminds me of some of the Bioshock music (which I got from Overcoat's Blog thiny...thank you soo much for running that free music thread!!!!). Usually if anything I prefer the latter half of a song, but I actually like the first half better in this one. The second half is fine, I just like the feel (not literal) of the first part better.

Sephiroth's Wake:

Creepy stuff. Very good mood setting music. It's especially fun to listen to this stuff when your alone at night in the woods or something. Nice work.

Jenova Celestial:

Sometimes in the project I feel a little bit lost. From watching advent children I had the idea that Jenova was this freaky alien being thing...but this song makes me think of 80's pop music videos. Which is ok...but not really what I expected from the title of the song. It really would help sometimes if I knew what was going on in the game when these songs played.

Mark of the Beatsmith (I'm assuming it was supposed to be "Beatsmith" and not "Beathsmith?"):

Some great individual parts (and I love how you ended it) just I guess it seems to me that the source wasn't as strong as I usually like. I mean that the source melody wasn't that strong, not that your arrangment was to liberal...I have no idea if it was or not.

Onto disk three. Or...hmmm, I'm getting hungry...I'm resume this review after I eat something. Ok, I'm not staring to death now. On with the review.

Disk Three:

Suco de Melancia:

Reminds me a lot of monopoly. I'm not sure how or why...but it just does. I remember it for such an occasion.

Daydreaming Again:

I think this is very nicely done. A lot of laid back guitar songs like this overdo it and end up just being cheasy. Just relaxing. The title fits very imo. The section at 2:00 I like a lot.

Alien Exploration:

A bit too cheery for me. Seems like vacation music. Like the kind you see on comercials for "Come Visit ___ Island" and then you see the happy family doing fun things in the next few shots. Oh, 2:20 I like though. Yeah, from that point I like it more.

Golden Feathers:

I'm sorry, I just didn't feel it. Probably the source on this one? It seems very familiar...but I can't figure out why...and whatever it reminds me of makes me dizzy.

Midnight at Club Corel:

Another monopoly song...I don't know what it is with me an monopoly. Whatever. Not really my type of music, but you did a nice job arranging it and the production seems good too.

Ahead on our Rave:

Reminds me too much of happy hardcore music...which I don't really like. The steady 4/4 beat just isn't my thing. Seems like you did acheive the style you were going for though. I do kind of like how you incorporated the piano bits into the song though...but this just isn't the genre I like.

Kweh:

Err...seems a lot like the Golden Feathers song...do they have the same source? I guess my issue is with the source tune then. It sounds like...there is a really quiet dissonant chord playing in the background or something...or maybe that's someone else's music I'm hearing...hmmm, I'm not sure.

The Crossroads:

I like the begining...once the vocals get started I don't like it as much. I usually just don't like vocals in songs. I like the chorus though. It makes me wonder what the original sounded like...it must've been fairly different?

Fading Entity:

It's the steady beat again that I don't really care for. Really on songs like this it's just my own preference and not anything to do with the quality of the song itself.

Frozen Landscape:

I like the percussion here...especially the sticks clicking together. Yeah, I really enjoy how the percussion is sequenced together here. I don't really get into the other parts of the song that much...but awesome job on the percussion!

Disk four. I went into disc four really expecting it to rap up the project into a nice package. I think it does so very well.

Sleep my Sephy:

Oh, ok, it's by the same remixer as Daydreaming again. Pretty much the same stuff I said on the other one applies here. I'm mostly talking about your style in general though...because on songs like these I don't think that the actual song matters as much because it's not as melody driven.

Collision:

It seemed just a little too...busy? In just a few places. I just didn't really get the arrangement in those sections. The other sections are good though. The percussion is pretty good stuff too. Ok now that I've listened to the whole thing again, there are only really two parts where it seems a little bit to much. Other than that, I really liked it. Nice work.

Airships make me happy:

Similar style to the chocobo song it seems to me...but I like this one. I actually already used it in a video I put on youtube. Don't worry! I gave you / ocr credit...although I doubt all that many people will be viewing it, but rest assured! I like the fusion you've got going with the slower parts and the more chiptuney sections.

Hydrophone Breakdown:

hmmm...the begining seems really familiar...specifically the submarine sound...hmmm...whatever. This reminds me a lot of the song in AC where cloud drops his phone in the water...although I mostly like this one better. Or maybe I'm remembering the wrong song. The only issue I have is the kind of constant crash symbol that's going on in sections. It gets a bit grating...to me anyway. But aside from that, a really enjoyable song.

Omnislash:

I really like the melody and harder edged guitar parts you have here...but I didn't like the percussion as much...it just seems...like it's missing something maybe? But it's not a big deal. Really strong stuff :) I like the transition around 2:28ish a lot too...and then when you transition back into main theme is nicely done too. (that was the one bit where I did really like the percussion for a short time).

Rare Square:

Really immersive. Draws you in, in a good way. Parts of it almost remind me of spy movie music...the music really conveys urgency to me...and I think it does so very well. Awesome job.

Jenova Returns:

Maybe I really do have the wrong picture of Jenova? Hmmm...it's just that this happy type music always plays when the song meantions her....oh, well here it's a bit darker. I'm so confused! Actually this song itself is a little confusing for me...it seems to switch around a lot...but I'm pretty sure that was intended. I kind of like it though (the switching)...sometimes. It switches a bit too often for me personally...but still a nice piece.

Begining of the end:

I love those bells. Has a nice upbeatness but doesn't lose the idea that drives the song. I gotta say though, the sections where the main intro theme comes back are my favorite.

Black Wing Metamorphasis:

I like the beginning bit and especially how you fuze the chiptune with the more real sounding strings / brass. The beginning of this song would make an awesome ringtone. Unfortunately...the (live?) choir isn't really my cup of tea...it seems a little cluttered / odd in those sections. But the rest of it is pure win. The first part after choice reminds me a lot of Nightmare Before Christmas for some reason...I like it. The first time I heard this (original) song was in Kingdom Hearts actually...so I probably haven't heard the original version.

The Golden Ivories of Gaia:

What can I say? The job of this song is really to rap up the project. Perfect. I don't think you could've ended the project any better.

Wow...that took me a long time to type / listen. Hope my review was helpful in some way. Thank you all for working so hard on the project. Oh! If I missed something (like skipped a song or something), just let me know and I'd be happy to fix it. Or if I said something crazy and you don't know what I meant.

Okay. Bye.

If there's an error posting this and I have to start over I'll probably kill something.

first off, saw the name Materia Junkie when the songs were (accidently?) released on the site and came up on my RSS feed and instantly thought Yuffie!!!! then was disappointed to find it was 'Under The Rotting Pizza'.... ah well

Man this, as we say down under, fully sick mate! I am loving what i am hearing. have to ask though, was REAKTR.1 supposed to be on there, cause that came up in the RSS feed, with Final Fantasy VII (as opposed to the normal 7), yet it isnt on the track list from the torrent. anyway, i am seeding the lot to help you out