OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

One thing, though... Where's the love for Yuffie and Wutai? :sad:

I've long since determined that none exists. People don't like Yuffie because she whines and steals your materia. Personally, I think that just makes her human (especially since she stole the materia for Wutai's sake).

I did miss her, but if I had to add one track, it would be Who Am I?, hopefully with bits of Who Are You? added in to make an easy mix title: Who We Are. Admittedly the piece is not very interesting on its own, but in context it is fucking spooky. First time I was playing and saw Cloud going apeshit psycho in the Temple of the Ancients with this music under it, I was seriously creeped out. My mom told me to turn it off not long afterwards (I was 12 at the time), and I was thinking about that while I went to sleep. It creeped me out that much.

For the record, I asked a LOT of people to do extensive revisions to their tracks. Reuben was certainly not the only one. For example, I can't even count how many times I had Another Soundscape go back to "Golden Feathers". ;)

Good thing you did. That track is definitely one of the best in the project. Mastered so beautifully

As a whole I would rate the project an A+, but out of all the songs the two that really stood out to me were Frozen Landscape (Buried in Snow) by Tweek and JENOVA Celestial by bLiNd. I think that they both did a 110% job in capturing the mood of the originals. I'd have to give a slight edge to Tweek's remix since I'm sort of biased to Buried in Snow since I used to play it on my keyboard quite often :P

Track 08 (Adrenalyne Kyck), there's some spoken words. Here's what I have... but I'm missing a tiny bit DX

I have the rest for you. Here:

"In the real world, things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly, and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves no dramatic feeling, but great emptiness. When you lose someone you love very much, you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming, I would have done things differently.'"

And of course, here are the lyrics for One-Winged Angel/Black Wing Metamorphosis (Only the ones in B.W.M., though, since some of the lyrics are cut. Also, if you know anything of Latin, disregard how the song pronounces some things.)

"Estuans interius, ira vehementi

Estuans interius, ira vehementi

Sephiroth

Veni, veni, venias

Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias

Ne me mori facias

Veni, veni, venias (Glorioso)

Ne me mori facias (Generoso)"

Now, I have a question for the rest of you. Someone care to give me the lyrics to "Deliverance of the Heart"? I have a bit of that, but it's kinda hard to understand for me.

So.... even with an ocremix mirror AND an ff7 mirror, my overall bandwitdth for the month is sitting at 1/5th of its capacity. muhahahahahahaha..

That said, this project has still managed to pull in an incredible number of hits and snatches. How any future project could hope to live up to this is beyond me.

I have the rest for you. Here:

"In the real world, things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly, and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves no dramatic feeling, but great emptiness. When you lose someone you love very much, you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming, I would have done things differently.'"

Now, I have a question for the rest of you. Someone care to give me the lyrics to "Deliverance of the Heart"? I have a bit of that, but it's kinda hard to understand for me.

DotH lyrics:

Into light

Into sound

Into time

Let love surround

Let love surround

Simple enough :)

As a whole I would rate the project an A+, but out of all the songs the two that really stood out to me were Frozen Landscape (Buried in Snow) by Tweek and JENOVA Celestial by bLiNd. I think that they both did a 110% job in capturing the mood of the originals. I'd have to give a slight edge to Tweek's remix since I'm sort of biased to Buried in Snow since I used to play it on my keyboard quite often :P

Glad you enjoyed it mate :)!!

"In the real world, things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly, and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves no dramatic feeling, but great emptiness. When you lose someone you love very much, you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming, I would have done things D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DIFFERENTLY.'"

Fixed. :D

Love the alternate cover art!

Since Friday, I've listened through the entire album 3 times on my PSP and/or computer while lounging, and I can say that there is no reason to be disappointed. It just becomes more enjoyable the more I listen to it, and I love the style present in nearly every track. I've burned it to CD's so I'll be listening at work as well for much time to come.

Though I plan to review these tracks individually in the future, I'll name a few of my favorites-

- Deliverance of the Heart (perfect way to start off!)

- Nomura Limit

- Son of Chaos

- Lunatic Moon

- Short Skirts

- Serenity

- Crystal Sermon (Addictive as heck)

- Sephiroth's Wake

- Midnight at Club Corel

- Daydreaming Again

- The Crossroads

- Omnislash

- Beginning of the End

- Black Wing Metamorphosis (In regards to this, I feel this may be the only successful remix of OWA - not because a lack of material, but an abundance of it. Considering that, this came out fricken awesome. I feel deprived at only 3:17, because the drive and build up totally captures the feeling of the situation just as well as the original.)

Though if you put it against A:OWA...wow.

Anyway, this album is a success in every meaning of the word on the highest level. Much love for everyone who worked on this! I shall be enjoying it for years and years to come.