OCRA-0009 - Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream

zircon

Y'know, you guys are asking A LOT to get people and try to seed the WAV folder. It's like asking someone with a Civic if they could help you move you computer, but also, go ahead and just strap the whole computer desk to the roof! WAV files are ginormously huge and it's a 2GB folder! Ain't no way I'm seeding that WAV folder... or even downloading it for that matter.

Y'know' date=' you guys are asking A LOT to get people and try to seed the WAV folder. It's like asking someone with a Civic if they could help you move you computer, but also, go ahead and just strap the whole computer desk to the roof! WAV files are ginormously huge and it's a 2GB folder! Ain't no way I'm seeding that WAV folder... or even downloading it for that matter.[/quote']

No one is forcing you to seed so don't be a jerk and come in here to say you will leech and not help. As soon as I figure out how much bandwidth I have left this month, I will seed whatever I download. But I won't be a jerk and say "oh well, I didn't feel like helping out."

Bluddy 'ell. Why in $deity's name is it WAVs again!? WHY!?

Apologies if this is beating a dead horse, but if I want a copy of a piece of music without compression losses, I'll use lossless compression! Winamp comes with built in FLAC support these days - it's not like it's obscure or anything!

The only justification I can think of for making people download twice as much data as they need to is so they can burn it to an audio CD right away (people still make those?!) with some burning program that doesn't support FLAC, in case they're using some tiny hard drive with insufficient free space to decompress the FLACs after downloading them. And even that seems like a largely unlikely scenario these days.

Huzzah for the talented work of the OC Remix composers and all that, but I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way about this tremendous bandwidth wasteage. I'll download the MP3s now.

Downloading the torrent now. It should be done in about 20 more hours. I'm not going to digg this until myself and other OCR community regulars have the opportunity to seed first.

After being around OCR for several years, the massive project releases start to feel pretty similar to the big April Fool's Day jokes. Some of the praise for this work borders on ridiculousness. I'm sure it's good, but I'm not so sure this music is going to change my life to the extent that I name my firstborn "Voices Mainstream" or anything.

Then of course there's other trolls ruining it for everyone. Just like April Fool's Day. "NE1 WHO THINKS THIS MUSIK IS GOOD IS STOOPID AND DOSENT NO GOOD MUSIK CHECK THE DATE MORONS" :roll:

It's downloading now, and I can't wait to finish my TA job for the day to go home and listen.

I'll post again with a review post-listening. Congratulations to everyone involved, and thanks for continuing to give me an incredible source of free music :P

Oh, and the praise from Tommy Tallarico on the front page is especially cool.