OCR01614 - Final Fantasy VII "Full Frontal Assault"

djpretzel

Hah! So Snappleman does have the skills to back up his thrash-talking after all. Holy shit I am listen to it right now for the first time and this rocks on a whole new level. There's just so much going on and the production is amazing. I love the kick drums punchiness, the mad synth soloing and the pristine lead guitar. So far I've heard two tracks from the project, and if they keep this quality up, I might have to kick the whole album down to my MP3 player. =P

So far I've heard two tracks from the project, and if they keep this quality up, I might have to kick the whole album down to my MP3 player. =P

I've listened to pretty much the whole thing, and I am now resenting the fact that I cannot find my MP3 player to put the whole thing on to...

As far as this song goes, I love it! Great take on the song, extremely expansive and I love how hard it rocks out. At the moment the awesomeness of this song leaves me without words, so all I will say is great work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Those drums have punched a hole in my heart, never to be healed. ;_;

Being amazingly hardcore, they don't even care, and continue their wake of destruction. You've pushed them to the absolute limit that they could go to be powerful and punchy without sounding overdone. Andy Sneap could learn a thing or two from you guys, at least as far as the production on the newest Into Eternity album is concerned. Fantastic balancing act here.

Great collab, it really does a great job of featuring both of you guys at your strongest, great shredding work by both of you; I almost wish the synths were more prevalent in the mix overall, but they come out when they are most important. I love all the seemingly-but-not-really-random portamento and dives they do, especially in the half time section. Horns would be held high during this section if this was played live. \m/

Overall this is a super-intricate step up from the original, which was a great song in it's own right, but you guys have turned this shit up to 12.

• 1 month later...

Heavy! The electric guitars and the synthesizer sound really cool, and you guys crafted a sound that suggests an unrelenting attack.

The drums keep the same heavy kick and the snare backbeat throughout the entire song, and that got boring. Also, I wish that there were more melody and development, but that's purely my own preference.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

You know, if I had the near-impossible, heartbreaking task of saving just one genre of remix in a hypothetical fire scenario, I would probably save the entire 'badass/insane uber guitar shredding' catalogue over the rest.

And this mix is why.

You don't just listen to a mix like this; subconsciously or not, you concentrate on every intricacy and layer it has. And at the end, subconsciously or not, you always say "That was... awesome!".

• 10 months later...

This is one of the most dynamic rock remix I've heard so far.

Being familiar with the source helps concentrate on the little details and additions...

er, excuse me, did I said little? I meant huge of course! :D

Scarse breaks and deviations everywhere, tempo changes and alternatives drum sections, crazy new harmonic parts and distortion all over the place.

This is a very creative and balanced take on the source... yet very naughty at the same time, if that makes sense.

What can I say: we have both Norg and Snappleman. What else should we expect apart from stunning arrangement goodness and a demonstration of pure skill?

A fantastic tribute.

• 1 month later...

Really driving, really awesome. What really brings this out is how seamless everything is. It's hard to tell that this was a collab based on how well things are meshing together, and the balance overall is just right. Nothing feels drowned out or held back when it's in the spotlight. This also really emphasizes the source in a way that takes it up more than a few notches. Check this one out.

• 1 year later...

A great mix, but I just can't get over the drums. The guitar work is great, but all I could focus on - the sole thing my ears were paying attention to - was the sound of those kick drums. What a great sound, and the beats didn't let up. You two gents need to work together much more often.

• 1 year later...

I'm not usually a big fan of songs that absolutely kick your arse - but I loved this!!!!!!

Brilliant choice of source material..

WOW, if you listen to the section between 1:44 and 2:44 and don't actually feel like breaking something haha...

Find that download button, put it on repeat, break something, go absolute mad shit!

Great work!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01614 - Final Fantasy VII "Full Frontal Assault"