OCR01620 - Final Fantasy VII "Fading Entity"

djpretzel

All the sounds are so crisp, the arrangement is top-notch and really gets you pumping. The source tune is instantly recognizable and very appropriate for a trance remix.

Every remix blind puts out sets a new standard for vg trance, and this track is no exception. This track sounds so good it practically sparkles. Amazing work from blind and leifo!

• 2 weeks later...

My subwoofer and I love the living hell out of this song. I just love to feel that thump thump thump thump hit my body like waves... and then the guitar kicks in and my eyes close and I float away... Kinda like the player's character in "Rez"... :razz:

Gorgeous work. I'd always loved the original version because I'd found it pleasingly hypnotic. "Fading Entity" takes me even further away...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's completely awe-inspiring the power this track has. The source tune is great, but this is just so much more so. Changing the 3/4 to triplets works wonderfully, and the production throughout is relentlessly strong. The bass is beyond massive, and the highend is super crisp.

Asspat +1, guys, bLiNd and Leifo are the bomb.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. Been a while since I logged in.

LOVE this, say thankya. My favorite VotL mix, and whenever I listen to any of them, if this one doesn't come up, I have to manually pull it just to get a fix.

All points previously stated are valid: Beat, guitar, rhythm, etc. But what REALLY brings it all together for me is the "cry" in the background. It sounds like the echo of someone falling down a bottomless pit. The song gets the heart going, but that "cry" provides the goosebumps, and really increases the impact, IMHO.

• 4 months later...

Fantastic piece, however something about the guitar part (in which I can't place my finger on it) just doesn't set properly with me.

The transitions and background noise fading along with the bass counter-part is absolutely breath-taking.

Personally, I would say 6/10 as far as trance goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

One of my recent favorites on VotL. The intro used to bother me, could never really get out of that 4-2 rhythm I thought I heard until the bass drum came in, now I can easily hear the 3-3 rhythm, or a 4-2 if I'm so inclined. :D

The breakdown half way through is extreme, even to the point where it bothers me. Me, as in mr. predictable breakdown half way through the song -me. Of course, the solo guitar and build-up from there is great.

Fav part would still have to around 2:00 when the e-piano like synth comes in. That melody is just so evocative. Overall great track, but that one part... awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm playing through FF7 for the first time (having largely skipped the PS1 era of gaming) and Listen to the Cries of the Planet has stood out as a favorite. This is an amazing take on that theme. The two main parts of the source are intact, and what's added is not all that overt (at least until the guitar comes in), but the overall package is highly enjoyable and I admire the restraint in adding only what needed to be added to make this interpretive.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01620 - Final Fantasy VII "Fading Entity"
  • 2 years later...