Recommend Final Fantasy mixes:

beammeupscotty

The closest to a favorites list available is the Top 100 list here: http://oc.ormgas.com/ocmain.php

But I really disagree with most of it. Since they don't seem to allow this kind of stuff, just start with games you know and download as many as possible - once you've listened and find certain artists you like, get everything else they've done. By that point if you're still not tired of it, just start listening to the radio station available on the above link (random mixes) until you hear more you really like, then download those. After that, I guess either download the torrents if you want them all or just start getting each new one as it comes out. All of that is what I did when I first came here, and I'm satisfied with the smallish/medium number of them I've kept.

You should check out Haroon Piracha's (FFMusicDJ) Corel prison mix, "String Machine," from Final Fantasy 7. I have the remastered version that was on VGMix, but the version that is on OCR isn't too dissimilar; the saws are roughter and the mixing/mastering isn't as good, but the arrangement is nearly 100% the same. PM me if you want to get the other version for comparison.

Truly, I would find a good connection and download everything you can. You'll end up with literally years of music. When I first came to OCR in 2002, I'd never played any Final Fantasy. I think the first FF mix I downloaded was World of Piano by kLuTz... That got me interested, and over the next couple years I ended up getting every Final Fantasy Soundtrack, arrangement album and OC Remix I could get my hands on from the series, and it's all amazing. Well, most of it. Just shove it all in the pipe and download it, there's not much you won't wanna keep.

Truly, I would find a good connection and download everything you can. You'll end up with literally years of music. When I first came to OCR in 2002, I'd never played any Final Fantasy. I think the first FF mix I downloaded was World of Piano by kLuTz... That got me interested, and over the next couple years I ended up getting every Final Fantasy Soundtrack, arrangement album and OC Remix I could get my hands on from the series, and it's all amazing. Well, most of it. Just shove it all in the pipe and download it, there's not much you won't wanna keep.

I'm gonna agree with ShadowWolf86 and say that almost all Final fantasy music is worth a listen. The games may be losing their steam but the music will live on!!

Just download the FF7 project and be done with it..

:?

There are a lot more excellent FF mixes on this site than just the FF7 project. Particularly stuff from games other than 7.

These are the FF mixes I have from OCR.

Final Fantasy 10-2 UnderaNewMoon OC ReMix

Final Fantasy VII

A World of Piano OC ReMix

FightOn OC ReMix

Jenova for Classical Piano OC ReMix

Nanaki Searches For Truth OC ReMix

Philharmonic Suite Part I OC ReMix

Space Station of the Ancients OC ReMix

bytes

Final Fantasy VI

Agony of Obscuration OC ReMix